PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Look at what hubby gave me for our 24th anniversary
cbfe8d10-39b4-40fb-91f5-56556c9b03e0_zpsead8d657.jpg

I had a bowl of the Classic Burley Kake in a new cob (one that hubby gave me) It was okay. I had it after a bowl of Lord Nelson, in a separate pipe. I may have to give it another try to see if I just smoked too much or if I really don't like it. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. It had a slight bite to it and it grabbed a little at the back of my throat. But that could have been because I smoked too much. I'll table it for couple of days and retry it again.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Misu - nice husband you have - that's a great setup. I like the old boy and ashtray too.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Thanks everyone :)

He IS so good to me :)

I'm very lucky and blessed to have him for a husband. I'm not saying that in a Tammy Wynette "Stand By Your Man" kinda way. I just really love him.
You are making out like a bandit.

I really am. Now I have to set up a smoking room.
Very thoughtful gift! Perhaps even more impressive to learn there's a guy out there who remembers his anniversary
I know, right? And, the best part? It's not flowers, chocolate or pajamas!! It's something I can use and enjoy :)
Good for you not to dismiss it entirely though -- always good to give any blend a chance.

Nice gift, I think he loves you a lot and supports your love for our hobby.

It may have it's place. Like a good cup of coffee, a good wine, and a good bourbon. They all have their place, just not necessarily together :)

And, who knows, maybe he'll cross over to the pipe side :)

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
24 years is a great milestone these days, we'll have our 39th in Aug if the creek don't rise, smoke them well and I raise a cob filled with Anniversary Kake on your day.

banjo

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Happy Anniversary & hats off to hubby!

Thanks oldman!! :D Oh . . . he'll get more than my hat :wink:
24 years is a great milestone these days, we'll have our 39th in Aug if the creek don't rise, smoke them well and I raise a cob filled with Anniversary Kake on your day.

Thanks banjo!! :D 39 is even a bigger milestone. Congrats on that!!

Anniversary Kake is on my list of must gets. So, in August, I can raise a bowl in your honor too.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
@misu
I haven't spoken to you yet so welcome aboard. Congrats on the 24 yrs as well as the new pipe an baccy

It was 25yrs for me and Wifey in March. The yrs sure do fly by.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Congrats on the excellent hubby, and the 24 years with said excellent hubby.

start hinting now cause next year is silver

$(KGrHqUOKkUE4HWGDzh9BOKvjfLwLg~~_1.JPG

link to a retarded expensive pipe with silver

Good luck with setting up the smoking room. I'm fortunate enough to live alone so every room is the smoking room

I have that ashtray on the table in my living room, I may have to get another for the computer desk in the bedroom. and maybe one with just one pipe slot for the throne room :lol:

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Your building a collection quite quickly, your very lucky to have a spouse that supports your pipe smoking so much. If you find any tobaccos you don't like, do not get rid of them, just put them aside for several months then come back to them, your tastes may change. Enjoy!

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
I haven't spoken to you yet so welcome aboard. Congrats on the 24 yrs as well as the new pipe an baccy

It was 25yrs for me and Wifey in March. The yrs sure do fly by.

Thank you for the welcome and congrats on 25 :) Time sure does fly. I look back and sometimes I can't believe how far we've come.
Congrats on the excellent hubby, and the 24 years with said excellent hubby.

start hinting now cause next year is silver

link to a retarded expensive pipe with silver

Good luck with setting up the smoking room. I'm fortunate enough to live alone so every room is the smoking room

I have that ashtray on the table in my living room, I may have to get another for the computer desk in the bedroom. and maybe one with just one pipe slot for the throne room

Thank you and, he really is excellent :)

Holy cats! US $2,960.10 for a pipe? and . . . do they really need the 10 cents? I wonder if a pipe like that would make even Velvet taste good?

When hubby and I smoke cigarettes, we smoked them where ever we darn well pleased. Then we quit, so it wasn't an issue. Now, we're not sure of what the future brings. His job stops in June. We may have to sell the house and move. If that happens, I don't want the whole house to smell of tobacco. I bought air purifiers so it should help keep the smell contained to one room. If we don't have to move, all bets may be off. One cherry bourbon red room shouldn't deter a sale, but a smelly house will.

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Your building a collection quite quickly, your very lucky to have a spouse that supports your pipe smoking so much. If you find any tobaccos you don't like, do not get rid of them, just put them aside for several months then come back to them, your tastes may change. Enjoy!

I know, last week I had one pipe, now I have 19!! They're mostly cobs, but I don't care about that right now. I'm more concerned about getting to know the tobacco that I have. :) Then the quest for the "perfect" pipe shall begin :D

misu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 30, 2013
Okay, I gave the Classic Burley Kake another go this morning with my coffee. I like it. I don't know if it will be my morning go to tobacco, but it's a good tobacco. The lesson I learned is that I will only smoke one type of tobacco at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.