PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
It’s been a while since I was here. But because winter is upon me, and I can’t smoke my pipe outdoors, there is nothing for me to do besides drink myself into a stupor on a daily basis, and drive my wife and the dog crazy. So I decided to come back to the forum for some much needed help.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Isn't that what wives and pets are there for? I take great joy in driving mine crazy. :mrgreen:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I find if you stick to beer you can only get so drunk because it fills you up.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I find if you stick to beer you can only get so drunk because it fills you up.
Beer finds its way out of me too quickly making room for much more. :mrgreen:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Sounds like you maybe have a bigger issue than a drinking problem.
Communication is key, but so is smoking in your home, or a designated room in your home.
I smoke in my home office all the time and no one that comes over and hangs out in the living room even knows. I'm talking 6-8 bowls a day. All types of baccy.
Good luck.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I smoke in my garage in the winter and scotch is my drink of choice. As a rule 3-4 scotches send me into Pad mode. Dangerous but also satisfying. My tolerance for scotch and strong tobacco is pretty high but if you're getting blotted every night then other avenues of rescue may be warranted. I won't preach. To each his own.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Luckily for me Savannah doesn't necessarily get cold enough to affect my smoking, but I do retreat to the garage from time to time. As for drinking, I'm partaker of any and all spirit and beer except tequila. We all have that one story and mine was with a half gallon of Montezuma. I cringe just thinking about it. And it doesn't have to be cold for me to drive my wife crazy. Throw in the three kids and we're running our own insane asylum some days.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Please, please, please...I am not preaching, but.
Both the over drinking and the marital issues can and should be discussed openly and maybe even with some counselling from friends or professionals.
Skip the drink, sit down with your wife and come to an understanding..give and take. I somehow suspect that she would much rather give you a safe space to smoke your pipe in the house than see you drunk.
Be safe, be well, be happy.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Not to be a dick...but the issues here go beyond smoking and drinking.
Find a professional to talk to...and bring your wife.
Life is short and we are all day to day. People need to find a away to live in contentment.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
My wife let's me drink and smoke in the basement during the winter,somebody has to keep the woodstove feed.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Achilles famously said there can be no pacts between lions and men.
Similarly, such negotiations between men and woman are equally short-lived. It's a zero-sum game. Stake your claim accordingly or you'll be trampled under foot. And it will be expensive. Alternatively you can fold. But she'll never respect you. Don't mean to offend. Just real-talk....

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Go hit the gym, when you start working out and you start transforming yourself you look at drinking as something that's holding back your potential in the gym. And your wife will love it.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Im no profesinal but....
Go get your dog sit and pet him and ask your wife to sit and talk with you, about whatever comes to mind, or bring up the fact that you would enjoy a smoke but conditions prevent that, maby you can find some compromise to keep from substituting drinking for smoking, there has got to be a way

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall from many highly entertaining past posts, didn't you already fully succeed in driving your wife crazy a long time ago? If not, carry on.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My wife and I both drink and smoke, so we just get buzzed and point and laugh at each other. We don't fight or argue, we just have a good time and one day we'll die. It's been a fun ride, we love each other, and that's all we can hope for. Sorry to be so upbeat.... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.