I'm a newbie and was wondering how many bowls a day do you smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
This is awesome information! I don't feel nearly as guilty now for smoking two bowls a day.

A tip of the hat to all my pipe smoking brethren.
Actually you guys are a great source of information and knowledge especially wyfbane for all his sound and witty comments!

lol just joking!

Happy smoking to you all!

I just finished a bowl that I had started earlier this evening of 4noggins Double Fantasy.

Very smooth, and rich.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
One toTwo....I like a light english in the morning and something strong in the afternoon. Lately Gl Pease Piccadilly with a strong English Breakfast tea hits the spot.

Jul 15, 2011
Usually manage a couple a day on my days off. Throughout the week I maybe manage one every other day. Just whenever I feel like it really.

jakesmokes

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Michigan
I can't smoke a work so I use nasal snuff. So I get about 3-7 bowls all day I would smoke more if I could! :puffy:

littlebubba

Lurker
Jun 12, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
In the spring and summer it's 1-2 bowls on the deck in the evening after the wife goes to bed (quiet time)

maybe 1 or 2 more on weekends. Drops to weekends only in the fall and winter (travel a lot for work)

just got a batch of Hobbits Weed from Tewksbury today......HEAVEN!

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
I'm probably in that 2-4 a week camp right now. I only smoke in the evenings if my wife goes to bed and I have an hour or so to kill reading and smoking my pipe.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Anything between 3 and 8. No rules to this for me. I smoke when I can but most importantly when and where I want. If I feel like smoking more I will. If I feel like smoking less I will. If I feel I won't enjoy it I won't bother. I still use nasty cigarettes for those occasions. Use of those is really on the decline now though.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Generally 1 per night during the week and 2-3 Sat and Sun. Sometimes none. Just depends on time opportunity and time.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
About 10 a day, but I rarely get through an entire bowl in one setting, so it's probably less than that in reality. Large bowl pipe smoking is a little rare for me, maybe a few a week. The giant only gets smoked every few weeks. I'm sure I smoke too much, and usually pay for it with a burned tongue.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
When I can limited these days I can smoke when in wheelchair not when in bed. Minimum two one large one small or two normal. Football season more. Shel

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
If I can sneak in that morning bowl, 3. But usually two after work during the week. Japan offers many public places to smoke so weekends at the pub usually push the average up substantially.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I smoke between one a three pipes a day. Usually, the one days are weekends. A typical week day I enjoy a pipe to and from work and, about half the time, one in the evening.
Mike S.

sagepipe

Lurker
Nov 27, 2014
I try not to focus on how much I smoke per day or week but on making sure that when I do smoke it is a dedicated time of enjoyment. A time I can focus on my thoughts and the smoke without being too distracted. If I'm not relaxing, I'm not smoking. However, I realize many others mights say, "if you're not smoking, you're not relaxing." To them I say, "touche!"

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
However, I realize many others might say, "if you're not smoking, you're not relaxing." To them I say, "touche!"
Your point is well taken, however we are all different to some degree in our smoking motivations. :)
Today I would find agreement with you but.......

when I was young and could smoke a pipe while working, it kept my stress down from what it would have been if I had not been able to smoke. I quit cigarettes long ago when I felt they were controlling me. (just a personal quirk)
Time to smoke my pipe now is treasured. Relaxation and reflection or both.
If I smoked for the nicotine kick I would still feel more relaxed from having fed the mistress. At least that is how it was when I did smoke cigarettes. Just don't get between me and the coffee pot when I wake up. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.