If You Want to Increase Your Rotation Without Spending Too Much...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I got a mid-90's Savinelli Toscana recently off Ebay for just over $40 with shipping. Granted, new Toscanas aren't THAT much more but this one had some really nice birdseye going for it on one said, and was also a lighter walnut stain that they currently feature. It was in pristine, and I mean pristine condition.
So for maybe $45, I received a quality pipe.
Even better story- for about the same I scored a Savinelli Punto Oro Mister G 920 that just needed a little cleaning and polishing....and boom, $100 pipe in the rotation for less than $50.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
HAHA! Hijack!
Thanks mso, no worries. Millbrook, eh? I never thought I'd find a deal in that town so I never looked but thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out. There is a place in Gardiner on 208 called Grandpa's Antiques that I always thought sounded promising. It's south of New Paltz. I thought I'd share for the sake of reciprocity.
Now, back to the conversation at hand...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
True that! I WANT high end artisan pipes.
+1
The Grabows, et al are a great way to increase one's rotation and still enjoy a quality smoke, but doesn't mean I still don't love a finely crafted pipe!
I got a mid-90's Savinelli Toscana recently off Ebay for just over $40 with shipping
That's true too. If you hunt, there are exceptional deals on all pipes. The cool thing about Grabows and Kaywoodies is that the hunt is much easier!

Status
Not open for further replies.