Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Like flavored pipe tobacco is some sort of candy kids are drawn to.
the stupid factor is a possibility (alright, maybe likely is a better word), but my bet it's just another attempt on the part of the health craze movement to move toward a tobacco ban.
How about if you don't want your kids to smoke, you talk to them once in a while...

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I keep saying it. Of course I'm all talk here not like I'm going to do it. But the absolute truth is we need a large well funded lobby group that fights for us. Theres no other way to protect our rights.

Something on the order of the National Rifle Association. Without NRA and other member supported lobbying groups, our firearm rights would be trampled and stomped just as our rights to smoke are being done.

Instead of losing Second Amendment rights, our firearm rights have never been stronger. It has nothing to do with gun owners, and everything to do with gun owners supporting powerful lobbying groups to fight for them.

Everyone here wants to do something, we just dont have a way to do it. Writing letters to congress is like throwing a cup of water on a house fire, it might help if you throw enough at it but in the end you're fighting a battle you wern't equipped to win.

If there was National Tobacco Rights group, we would all pay our dues and thats the only way I see change. Money and lawyers, and lots of both, because the enemies of our freedom certainly have plenty.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Maybe....its a rumor plan by vendors to increase sales.(I doubt it) Might need to increase my order next month to be safe.

nemos

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
I just saw a commercial that said that the "tobacco industry" is making flavored tobacco while depicting it in an ice cream truck with kids around. Don't adults like fruit as well? Secondly, when was the last time anyone has saw an advertisement for a tobacco product with dancing fruit and rock music. I know there is regulatory laws to prevent that, but I'm sure tobacco companies and small businesses wouldn't due to either a moral compass or to avoid flack from protest groups and such. I think flavored tobacco is well hidden in the stores as it is, even for someone looking for it.
Being of sound mind and an adult I want all my tobacco choices, even if it is koolaid flavored.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I saw this in the news. Irrititating to say the least. You know damn well this has nothing to do with children other than the fact it gets votes. I'm sure there is some other big money concern who stands to profit greatly from such a law.

dimm

Might Stick Around
Jan 7, 2012
Montréal, Canada
kids.jpg

Unfortunately if you say it's "for the children" you can make politicians do anything. I mean... and you can hardly blame them in a sense. If they don't go along with these laws they're gonna have some hippie organization jumping down your throat because they don't care about the children. And then you'll be lucky to get yourself out of a scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.