PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
and rejoins at a later date, does he start with zero post count? Or does his stats continue as if he never quit?

Not someone who is banned, someone who gives up the pipe, quits the forum and later picks up the pipe again and rejoins PM.

I don't think that if someone deletes or asks for their profile to be deleted that the program remembers someone like that when they make a new profile. But, if someone just takes a break for a few years and then logs back in on the same profile, that it should just pick back up from where it left off. But yeh... we should doc quitters a few hundred post counts, just for being a quitter, ha ha.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I don't think that if someone deletes or asks for their profile to be deleted that the program remembers someone like that when they make a new profile. But, if someone just takes a break for a few years and then logs back in on the same profile, that it should just pick back up from where it left off. But yeh... we should doc quitters a few hundred post counts, just for being a quitter, ha ha.
The guy I'm speaking of is a local guy that I see on occasion and his screen name doesn't show when I search him.

He owns a local brewpub. I may have to stop by for a beer and find out what's going on. I was going to remind him to sign up for SS.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Most members retain their membership. Unless it is what we call a forum suicide. Then accounts are deleted, and they are banned. It's rare that someone quotes smoking and asks for their accounts to be deleted. It's more like they just forget about us entirely.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Scott, if the person in question is who I think - I don't think they were banned.

They should be able to sign in again and pick up where they left off. Technically they would still be eligible for Secret Santa, but you would have to check with whoever Dan suckered into spearheading it this year.
I heard “beer”.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think the rules here are quite so detailed, and I think members or former members who fit this category are rare. The current moderators might have a say, and Kevin, being the landlord here, would have the final say. I sort of assume that anyone who doesn't actively announce that they quit Forums can surface again at any time without prejudice. No kerfuffle, no fault.

Reactions: didimauw

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
What was his screen name?
Any chance you got it wrong?
Kozeman

I searched him and sent him a PM to remind him it's Secret Santa time. He owns a local brewery/brewpub. I'll stop in and have beer and see whats up. He was last seen here on the forum last January 4.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Scott, if the person in question is who I think - I don't think they were banned.

They should be able to sign in again and pick up where they left off. Technically they would still be eligible for Secret Santa, but you would have to check with whoever Dan suckered into spearheading it this year.
I don't think he was banned. Maybe he just took a break from the forum

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Kevin is the only person who can delete a member, at their request, which is very unusual. We typically tell members to just let their membership go dormant. Some, pick it back up later, and their post count continues.

Reactions: scloyd

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
and rejoins at a later date, does he start with zero post count? Or does his stats continue as if he never quit?

Not someone who is banned, someone who gives up the pipe, quits the forum and later picks up the pipe again and rejoins PM.
Scott, this Forum is rather like that hotel somewhere on the east coast of America where you can check out but can never leave ;).

Regards,

Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some former stalwart members go silent for years, then resurface, only to go silent again. Peck was a regular here for years, then went silent for several years, then popped up a year to two ago with a post or two, and disappeared again. He's a Canadian lawyer, and I think he had a high pressure legal career, and maybe a young family, and I think he just doesn't have the time. He did some great satiric riffs, pretty long but definitely funny. He knew his pipes and tobacco. Others have had similar careers here.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
There is an initiation if he wants to come back...just sayin'

RespectfulViciousArmadillo-size_restricted.gif