Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

username1

Lurker
Oct 13, 2022
Found these in a house I bought, I probably have 10 of these jars. I think it's union leader but I can't find that union leader was ever placed in a glass jar like this. Too old to smoke or rehydrate and go for it? Looks like they fell out of favor in the 70s but weren't selling in glass in the 70s, this could be 100 years old for all I know. "Cellared"
grNiTqq.jpeg

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Hmm. Looks problematic to me. I would open one jar and remove the tobacco from it. More than likely, it is completely dehydrated by now. But, if not, you could light up a bowl see what it tastes like.

Reactions: FLDRD

username1

Lurker
Oct 13, 2022
Hmm. Looks problematic to me. I would open one jar and remove the tobacco from it. More than likely, it is completely dehydrated by now. But, if not, you could light up a bowl see what it tastes like.
I'm not a Burley fan, at least if burley smell's like cigarettes which I think most I've tried have. From reading online, at least when they went out of business they were pretty burley based. Oh well I'll experiment, possibly rehydrate some with honey whiskey, I've heard rehydrating with water can cause mold accidents.

Reactions: FLDRD

username1

Lurker
Oct 13, 2022
Still hoping to see another bit of info on this...
I haven't smoked it yet, I still have a few sealed. I reached out to Steve1989MRE to see if he wanted one.

If someone's into the antiques and would smoke a bowl possibly for their youtube channel I'd send them a sealed jar.

Reactions: Kobold