PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Levi can act like a young pup now and again but there are days he acts his age which is 11 1/2 y/o..

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Last week modeling his new bed.
18415c475cef28deb4f08a4feb8dfbc25d4f486.jpg

Nearly 8 years ago a few weeks before bird season opens.
b1f15f4558eb27d6daabb7f34b8bd73179341f4.jpg

banjo

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
He is a handsome dog alright. Beautiful healthy coat.
Do you think the gene for the silver Labrador Retrievers that are being bred came from the Weimaraner? They get premium money for those silver labs.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I do believe it may be the case, the Weimaraner has some variations of the mousey brown/tan color or gray brown, Levi looks more grayish in shaded areas, hence the Gray Ghost moniker, there is a lighter gray, a long haired throwback which used to be destroyed as were the blue gray variation which can be nearly charcoal, all are now recognized. There are 2 Siler Labs in town, the fist time I saw the first one I took it for a Weimaraner with an undocked tail, but the second time the eyes were definitely Labrador Retriever eyes and the tail far thicker although it had more of a blocky head than the large head you would expect. Don't know enough about Labs to say if this was also a throwback gene or not but they are quite handsome

banjo

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
There are a couple of silver labs belonging to one family that frequently show up at a spot where I take my dog. The male is about 4yrs old & the female is about 18mo. They are different lines from the same breeder in TX. They have both been neutered because the owner didn't buy the right to breed them. They are a true silver color, not a charcoal and they are an Americanized lab & don't show any traits of an English lab. The family appear to be good owners & have a couple of healthy, well mannered dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.