PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Sweeter and milder: Rattray's Marlin Flake: reminds me of toasted marshmallows. Also, I have been smoking some

of Briar Work's "Back Down South", which is supposed to be a Virginia Perique. I think it tastes like RC cola.
For subtle but sweet Virginia, McClellands 221B Honeydew or GLP Union Square as great, but I have to smoke them in filter pipes to get the sweetness out of them. Union Square is a bit of a nicotine punch, at least for me it is.
If you are into aromatics, however, Dan Tobacco's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew is superb, IMHO.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I will through out there Hearth and Home's Marble Kake. That, along with Orlik GS, are good for those looking for a mild non-aro.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Have you thought about any black cavendish based tobacco's? They are very naturally sweet. McClelland's Black and Red or their bulk Black and Lemon come to mind.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
Have you tried Rattray's old gowrie? It's kind of sweet like naturally sweet oats and an unripe, dry galia melon if that makes sense. It's certainly mild but the mild flavor is exquisite! When smoking it, you just want more of the same and not more flavour. I also think orlik golden sliced is quite sweet but it's citrusy so not exactly mild but it's sweet citrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.