PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Sooooooooooooo bought another pipe today (I posted in the beginner section about buying my first briar the other day and also said I bought a Bjarne from P&C deal of the month). Fiancee and I had the day off and wondered over to a recommended B&M about 1/2 hour away. I was in talking with one of the guys and he let me try a couple different blends. Well I noticed a couple baskets with pipes. Now I've been reading and looking at photos of everyone's pipes. So I started digging around and found a nice basket pipe and am pretty happy with it. I rationalized it with "well I don't want to ruin my La Rocca I just bought by only using that one. These pipes need some rest after a couple bowls......yeah." BUT I swear this will be it for awhile! I will now have two MM Cobs, La Rocca, Bjarne and this basket pipe. I am curious if anyone has a guess or actually know who possibly crafted this pipe?

Took a photo on this side since it has a stamp on it. Don't know my pipes very well, so not sure if this is a specific brand or this is what is considered the mistake and why its a basket pipe.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Couldn't find much but you could start here.
Fe-Ro - Figli di Federico Rovera s.r.l.

Via C. Rovera 51

21026 Oltrona al Lago (Varese / Lombardia)

Italy

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Thanks everyone!
Papipeguy, good call on what you found. Found a webpage w/ a bunch of fe.ro pipes and I think I matched it to one, though may not be exact bowl shape.
So now everyone standby since I should be getting my Bjarne Viking pipe today!! Me talking to myself, "I can stop when I want, I have complete control. This doesn't control me."

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Nice Apple!

If you use 1 pipe a day all the other pipe rest 4 days.

If use 2 pipes a day other pipes can rest 2 days. That pretty enough rotation to me.

Congrat and Happy Smoking.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
yo kha - you done good. I have several Fe-Ros, and they are much better than the usual run of basket pipes. I got mine in Cali, and I think they have been distributed as far East as Montana. Don't see them out here on the Right Coast.
hp

les

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I think there is probably some family connection between Federico Rovera and the Roveras who make Ardor pipes. Fe.Ro is based in Varese, Ardor is in Gavirate, which is only 10 miles away.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Well Just got home and here is what welcomed me....I swear this is it for awhile! As I said couldn't pass up the Bjarne Viking pipe and Odin's Wind deal from P&C, decided to check out the talk about FM Cellar and Captain Black. Was getting tired of tapping ash into an old Dave & Busters cup w/ water, so got a black ash tray w/ bumper. Wanted to try out the soft tip bits so I don't destroy stems with my constant biting.

Here is the Bjarne Viking Denver #2 Rustic Briar

Excited to test it out tomorrow morning!!

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Yeah want to see if it's any good, just making my way through other things first.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That looks better than your average basket pipe, by a bit. Nice finish, good shape and lines, sturdy and

graceful stem. I was at the pipe shop yesterday where I bought some of my first five or six pipes and was

sure to look over the briars in the basket. In the early days, when Savenelli had a distribution hub near me,

I pulled two or three unfinished Savenellis out of the basket at this same shop. You have to be picky, and

lucky, but there are some good ones in those baskets, sometimes.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Looks like you're off to a great start. I'm really liking that Bjarne Viking.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Yeah I've enjoyed the Viking the couple times I've used it. Wonder if I'm getting to a point to try and use pipes for specific tobaccos (aros, english, etc.)/would I really get more flavor out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.