PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
That show was scary and creepy to me!!! All the puppets, weird voices, etc. TOO CREEPY... 8O

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Oh man, I think Mr.Rogers is great. One of the only childhood entertainers that never got in trouble for diddling kids. Just a good clean friendly guy.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Man I miss him too! If I ever have kids I will have to get a copy of his show if there is one out there.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Fireman03: "Scary and creepy"? come on now.
Yea, CREEPY!!! Sing the song, "it's a beautiful day in the neighbor...wont you be mine." What the hell does that mean? I'll tell you what it means, STRANGER DANGER. lol
I'm afraid of clowns, too!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Trolling on a Mister Roger's thread. Not cool brother. Not cool. :lol:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4189

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Great show. Kinda before my time but I got to see many reruns and recordings of the show growing up. Good guy.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I grew up with Howdy Doody and Capt. Kangaroo. It really hit my funny bone to see waznyf's comment

that Mr. Rogers was before his time!!!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I used to watch Mr Rogers when I was a kid. I liked it and my kids watched it when they were in pre school because I downloaded all the episodes and burnt them to DVD.
The lead singer of Korn blames him for being molested when he was a kid because Mr Rogers. It's twisted thinking really, but the song is pretty powerful if you are into Korn. It took me forever to like Korn, but I admit that I like the first 2 albums a lot. Here is the video for what it's worth. Remember, I don't agree with the lyrics, It is just a rocking song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E_yy7Xs8rA

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
He lived in an apartment building right next to campus where I went to undergrad. Apparently drunk students would sometimes try and go visit him. I did get to meet him at an honor society induction. He was inducted as well in recognition of his contributions to the 'neighborhood'. He really did seem like an incredibly kind and gentle person.

Status
Not open for further replies.