PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm sure that heading scared off most guys but let me explain. While in between meetings yesterday, my wife swung by a pipe shop I used to frequent and picked me up this little gem just because she really liked its appearance and felt I needed it. And that's I love my wife!
pipe2.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Most wife's are good for something.

Mine has brought home a gem or two for me over the years.

.... She may be over due.

She's usually pretty good about picking up on hints.

Gotta love 'em.
Nice Pipe!

whiskeymick

Lurker
Dec 18, 2009
London UK
haha - my wife would be more likely to hide me pipes than buy me one - but I love her anyway ( wed 23 years - think it might last!! )

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, I wish my wife would by me a pipe. I usually have to do something nice or bug the shit out of her to get her to let me buy a new pipe.

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
I had mentioned a while back it was time for another box of cigars or a new pipe (pretty stocked for now on pipe tobacco) She said once you smoke the box of cigars all you have left is the box. After you your smoke my pipe you still have the pipe. I think with that logic I must have trained her properly.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
It would be nice if she where then when I were done with her I could put her up in the cabinet and not have to see her till the next day...Or maybe even the two days!!!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Well the love of my life and I have been hitched for 18 years , seems longer . She has bought me some very expensive cigars in the past and lets me know when my new pipe tobacco sucks .LOL Iam not allowed to smoke cigars in the house cigarettes and pipes are allowed .

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah I do love her, She has helped in the shop some. She is no carpenter though.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Wives. Dear lord help me.

I don't have a wife anymore. I don't think I will ever have another one, but if girlfriends count, then I have a good one too.

She went with me when I purchased my last pipe, and even encouraged me to buy it.

She surprised me the other night when she let me know that her pipe had just been delivered. She went onto ebay and bought herself one without telling me.

She said she might as well join me because I spend so much time either smoking them or cleaning them or reading about them.

5 years and counting now. So far, so good. She just seems to get better and better.

kenny

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
wives? i have a keeper...

she turned me on to smoking a pipe when i met her 28 yrs ago... we spend the evenings relaxing and sharing the with one another while smoking a pipe together. thats a good woman!
the other night i went into the bedroom and there she was, reading and smoking her pipe. man... talk about sexy! needless to say she didnt finish her book or pipe! she is still just as sexy and wonderful to me as she was all those years ago... she is definantly a keeper... so men.. if you have a good womanin your life, let her know! i do every day.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
My wife has nursed me back from the brink. She had to hook up my IV bottles for 6 months. I had to be real nice. I've been loving here for 22 years now. When it comes to pipes and tobacco gifts I am not subtle. She has surprised me totally a couple of time though.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
That's great Dunendain, I am only going on two years of marriage. I guess I can listen to you guys on advice in this department too.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Married for 22 years still going strong, plus she lets me smoke my pipe in the house.

She's a keeper !!!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I don't have any marriage advice to offer. My wife and I have always been best friends. That has worked for us. We have also have many things in common. I know couples who seem to have nothing in common, but they have great marriages. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.