PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I haven't looked at this thread in a while. You guys are friggin' hilarious. On another note, subfloor adhesive or liquid nail will stick anything to anything if you give it 24 hrs to dry.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Unclearthur, upon further inspection she is toting a Budweiser Select! I'm a stickler for details. Who am I kidding? I didn't even see the bottle at first, just nipples. I suppose they make a hell of a pipe rest.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Have to do something with the Swill Select or whatever is between those nice knockers.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
From a beer lover,...I looked at that Bud Select twice before I noticed there was a knocker on each side of it. NOT!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I like beer alright, just not what most guys drink. Would not buy anything from Bud, Miller or Coors. Sam Adams would be nice to see in between the knockers.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
What Beer??? all I saw is knockers.

BTW if any of your wifes drink champaigne (cant stand the stuff) but the wooden corked ones, the cork makes a great knocker and its free with the bottle. I own several ashtrays just for my pipes and I had bought a knocker for one of them and my Dog of all things ate it, yes the DOG ate it, I aint making that up, well anyhow the next day my wife was celebrating something (aniversary or so cant remember, hope she aint looking) and she popped a cork and I saw the wooden cork and though looks just like a knocker, glued it to the ashtray and it works great.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to degenerate into boob posts. Not long, as I expected. LOL
And we wonder why we don't see more females around here.
Ok, I'll join by posting my absolute most favorite knockers in the world. Here's the Mrs.
lauras-boobs.jpg

Just don't tell her I did that or you won't see me no more. Just like Pauly.
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/forum-posts/pauly.mp3

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Now we know why you have such a big grin in your avatar. :lol:

eagleten1

Lurker
Oct 19, 2010
Pardon me...I just finished dinner at Hooters-Talk about Knockers or pipe knockers,if one comes out of it's tray,replace it,but only use a warmed large serving spoon.Should the other become dislodged,

"Gorilla Glue"works wonders.

Think I'll return to Hooter's for Desert!

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
I used the cork type when I first started smoking a pipe. In fact, my lady bought me one the day I earned my first pipe and tin of tobacco. Over time I found they did not work for me, I still ended up using a tamper to remove the last bits adhering to the heel, so I rarely ever use the cork type.
I have two ashtrays with three indentations each for pipes with a cork knocker in the center and they become more of a pipe rest than anything else. I stick with the tamper to remove dottle, dumping the remnants into an empty tobacco tin if they are still warm. If stone cold, emptied into the trash.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
This thread has gone so far afield I don't know if a legit answer matters anymore, but...
I don't use em. My dad had them stuck on several of his ashtrays (one glass one weighs about 10 pounds and was a bitch to empty). He got them free in tobacco (Carter Hall?) and I still have several. Of course he would bang away with his pipe on any surface, didn't have to have a cork knocker.
I rever my pipes more. I simply stir up the ashes (I never dump before the end of the smoke) with the pipe nail spoon and a gentle tap on an ashtray works fine with me.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I always scoop the tobacco and ash out of the chamber using the spoon part of the tamper, except for when I'm smoking a cob. I beat the hell out of my cobs most of the time for some reason.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I use all of those methods depending on my location and difficulty of the dottle.

I will usually scoop it loose then tap on the knocker.
As for cobs... they are made to be abused. :lol:

antipodesman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2011
Vancouver Island
This thread is a little old but I am wonderin' if the slang knockers are derived from the cork one. I bet they are. After I bought one it occurred to me that a champagne cork might work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.