PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Looks great, just be careful removing the stem on a newer Brigham, the tenon isn't Aluminum anymore, they are very thin plastic, and are so prone to breakage that Brigham has to warranty them.
At least according to the nice lady running the local B&M, said every single one she ever sold has come back for a new stem.
So be careful. Brigs smoke great though, and that is a beauty.

Reactions: mingc and JOHN72

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Looks great, just be careful removing the stem on a newer Brigham, the tenon isn't Aluminum anymore, they are very thin plastic, and are so prone to breakage that Brigham has to warranty them.
At least according to the nice lady running the local B&M, said every single one she ever sold has come back for a new stem.
So be careful. Brigs smoke great though, and that is a beauty.
I guess that depends how rough you are with your pipes. I have over 20 Brighams from all era's and have not had an issue. I purchased a Brigham Tundra about a month ago and it appears to be as sturdy as ever.

Reactions: jewman22 and mingc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
People like their Brighams and the rock maple inserts as well. I almost bought one when they were made in Canada, to represent the nation. I already have a number of Italian pipes. I've never wanted to do the cleaning and replacement of the inserts. But I might buy a Brigham and smoke it without the inserts. They're sturdy traditional pipes at a good price.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Not that you'd need one with the maple distillator!

(Well, then again, maybe you want it to smoke a blend from Lane's ? )
You just never know when the coolest smoking experience is going to be interrupted by a child, cadence interrupted, bowl heats up, pipe cleaner needed after all!!

Reactions: mingc

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Well, if it's too good to be true, it isn't. Someone pointed out in another forum that most of TP's listings contain the fine print "**Pipe pictures are not of actual pipe you may receive." So I called TP. True enough, the customer rep said the above are stock pictures. What does the pipe I'm getting actually look like? Well, they're out of stock on that model, so they aren't sending me any pipe at all. Order cancelled. C'est la vie.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
That s00x.

Guess I'm lucky that my local B&M is a Brigham distributor: I've gotten all my Brighams there. Heck, I just asked him to set me aside a Tundra bulldog to pick up once I get paid at the end of the month.

Reactions: mingc
Every time I hear Bingham, I think of this dance craze. Brigham Style!!!
Gangnam style GIF | GIFER

I am pretty sure that there are a quite a few pipemakakers with stupid names that could do a lot better in the market by just changing their name. Put Brebbia and Tsuge on that list as well.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper and mingc

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I have a couple of the Acadian line, with no fills. French made I think. I have not yet tried them, though!

(I bought a ton of new pipes in a year, and decided to space out trying them so I don’t have a ton of once-smoked pipes.)

I like their conservative shaping and finishes.

Reactions: mingc and olkofri