PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
There I was, smoking a Savenelli Freehand full of C&D's Big N Burly. I'd only puffed on it a short while and put it down, luckily, and got up to open some windows for a change when I had the onset of nicotine overload, manifest, not by my being light headed, that's normal, but by what could have become a full blown wretch starting with hiccups and burping. I did think of Pinnochio at that moment and hoped to gawd I'd stopped in time.

I sipped some coffee after a minute and things settled down. I've got about 3/4 of a bowl left to smoke and I'm looking at that pipe with some nagging doubt.

I just got this blend and that's the hardest nic hit I've got so far.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Pardon my ignorance and idiocy... by why a "Pinocchio" moment?

You realise that "you're a little boy too"?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
When pinnochio smokes the cigar and gets sick! I forgot all about that! I'm sorry to hear what happened, but I'm taking good information from this,I have never tried that blend, and I could go for a big Nic hit right about now....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've smoked my way through a 2 ounce order of Big 'n Burley and never batted an eye, but I don't know if that's good or bad. Some mild aromatics burn out my mouth like a Listerine and Tabasco cocktail.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
burn out my mouth like a Listerine and Tabasco cocktai
oooh that does not sounds good. It does remind me of my first experience with a pipe of not so tasty aromatic.
Being a nic light weight I have learned the early signs of too much quickly. It is terrible when it goes too far.
Note to self: Do not consider buying C&D's Big N Burly.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
By the sound of it and your absence in this post I suspect you are dreaming of tobacco plants dancing with coconuts and mangos who are fighting with plums and coffe beans. Not to worry. The latakias are brewing a fire and the coconuts will be first to roast.
Just don't tell the Virginia's, the burleys or those hard boiled Kentucky kids. they are a little snooty and think the party is being held in Ohio yet too afraid to ask for directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.