PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Tennsmoker, I just picked up some Roll Cake last week. I hope I don't have the same experience as you! I hope my experience is more like pipebow88's! The tin I picked up has two years of age on it just on the shelf.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I'm just getting started with MacB blends, so I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject. I do enjoy Burley London Blend, after reading Kevin's article on it recently, and HH Mature Virginia. I find drying the Mature Virginia a bit improves the smokability and adds flavor without bite. BLB does need to be smoked s-l-o-w-l-e-y to avoid any bite.
I've tried enjoying Virginia #1, but I can't seem to find the balance on that blend. It bites me and seems harsh, and I don't like the hay smell when I open the tin. I have 2/3 of the thin left, and I've decided to give it more time to age, to see if that helps. It may just be my tastes, as so many others enjoy it so much, but I'll keep at it. I'll have to try other VA blends to learn more about that tobacco, and be able to compare with VA #1.
I'm looking forward to trying other recommended MacB blends from this thread.
Andrew

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
7 Seas Regular is always in my rotation, as well as their Mixture Scottish. Had bite problems at first with the 7 Seas but I attribute that to it being one of my first tobaccos as a new pipe smoker. A few months experience and now I can smoke both with no bite whatsoever.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Werdna, I really enjoy BLB as well. You may want to give some more of their burleys a go or at least their va/bur blends. I recommend Navy Mixture and Navy Flake.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I smoke a lot of MacBaren blends, and as long as I smoke at a moderate pace I've never had a problem. The "MacBite" consensus on tobaccoreviews.com always puzzled me.

Status
Not open for further replies.