PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
To be brief, what didn't scorch the living shit out of my cakehole bored me to tears.
VA's and VA/Per's are on the bottom of my list, for the most part. Not for your reason, I find them to usually have a bitter and/or unpleasant flavor and aftertaste.
Lane Limited MV-1000 and McClelland's Christmas Cheer (in my case, 2011) are my two exceptions thus far. I've traded away most of the rest of these I've bought.
I went on a taste exploration journey with pipe tobacco, and gave a thorough try to many different blends. I've settled into a "rotation", as Jud puts it, of my favorites, and those consist of certain English blends and aromatics for me, currently.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
+1 on cortezattic
I have taken to Virginias lately, in among quality aromatics and Englishes don't see much play. I'll admit that I enjoy the English flavor "hit", but Virginias and VaPers always seem to have surprises hiding in the bowl: these sudden infusions of new things that either I was missing earlier or just flared into existence for a short while and then disappeared. They are subtle, and I'd hate to miss them.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.