I changed my avatar, but its still the old one.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Ardor Pipes
3 Fresh Werner Mummert Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
9 Fresh Brigham Pipes
12 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey everyone... So I finally changed my avatar. Or so I thought I did. Every time I make a post it still shows my old avatar. But when I go to my profile, my avatar pic is the new one..... Anyone have a solution? Thanks for the help.... Semis

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Close out the forum and come back in? Or reboot? That's the sum of my computer knowledge. :mrgreen:

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I remember there being two places to change your avatar pic:
One on your account profile, and one in the forum settings.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Hell, I still to this day cannot receive emails about PM's or responses to threads that I'm on! No matter what I do it just doesn't take hold and I've long ago given up. And this is coming from someone who owned and ran a forum site for over eight years! :wink:

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I have found this site works different than any other I have ever been a part of.
Picture posting reminds me of the days of black and white TV...
Let us know how it works out.

canuckken

Lurker
Sep 18, 2015
Airdrie
So what was the solution for this old post? I am experiencing the same thing. My old avatar is showing up in the forums but my new avatar shows on my profile. Logging out and even using a different browser that I had never used for the site has not resolved the issue.

canuckken

Lurker
Sep 18, 2015
Airdrie
OK then how do I change it for forum post? I assumed because this is stated on our profile "Your avatar will be used on your profile and throughout the site" that it included the forums. I do not see any forum setting for changing the avatar. I can easily change it in my profile settings but it does not transfer to the forums.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I just went back and tried to figure it out. No luck. I did have a problem with changing it the past, and that's when I learned there were two places. Sorry it didn't help.

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
This explaination Al posted awhile back should clear things up a bit.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/avatars-in-the-forum-and-website-updated-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.