I Am Done Saving For That Special Occassion.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Not with pipe tobacco yet but a few years ago I spent a couple of years smoking up my coolidors that were full of 100's of blue chip cigars that I had been saving for that "special occasion" or home walk in that probably was never going to happen. I was enjoying cigars that had been aging in perfect condition for years on my dive to and from work. ?

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
This, ahem, interesting period we are living through has led me to start smoking the oldest tins I have been cellaring. Finishing my last tin of Dunhill 73 (opened about one year ago), and now through the middle of a Treasures of Ireland Limmerick tin I bought in July 99. I was raised in a world where you planted olive trees and vines for the enjoyment and financial profit of future generations. None of my sons smoke or want to be attached to land. I have decided I will enjoy the present, although I buy a new tin for each old one I smoke. Just to be assured I have tobacco to smoke for some years while it is still available. If the worst happens, then I´ll have a few years to prepare for the moment when tobacco will be a thing of (a better) past.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like to hear things like that. However I have no fancy expensive or aged tobacco's. So I wouldn't have the slightest clue anyways. The only time I didn't smoke a blend I wanted to, was because I hadn't ordered more yet. I have my every day tobacco, and I have my "better" tobacco's. But I have the same amount of each in my stash.

Reactions: gervais

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I like to hear things like that. However I have no fancy expensive or aged tobacco's. So I wouldn't have the slightest clue anyways. The only time I didn't smoke a blend I wanted to, was because I hadn't ordered more yet. I have my every day tobacco, and I have my "better" tobacco's. But I have the same amount of each in my stash.
Do you have a "cellar" accumulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.