PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All my Petes are fishtail except one, a Killarney Rhodesian. I like that one P-Lip, since it distinguishes

the smoking experience with that pipe, but otherwise, I'm always careful to buy fishtail. With the regular

Petes smoking so well, I've never been drawn to invest in a system pipe. That's what they call gilding the

lily.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I have no problem with the P-Lip and have three of them. The only complaint I have is I don't like the fit when using a rubber pipe bit.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I have a System 31 with a p-lip and am very tempted to buy another instead of one of the other pipes that I've been looking at.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I used to hate them. Now I've noticed that some of the holes seemed to be drilled "top down" and some canted at a bit of an angle. Mine are all estates to I'm wondering if that's a mod someone did. I like the plips with the hole that tilts back farther. A slight tilt of the pipe and it's just like a fishtail.
I honestly don't notice my 4 systems smoking any cooler. They do get dirtier however.
Personally I would not search out NEW plips, but I've found I don't mind them on estates.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I had one P lip Pete and hated it. I gave it to a buddy of mine. The system pipe is something I would never consider owning, I do not want a well of disgusting juice in my pipe. The last 20 something pipes I have bought never need a pipe cleaner to soak up excess moisture. My older pipes that do need a cleaner maybe once a smoke are more desirable to me than something that has a well to collect nasty juice.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
The only Pete I ever owned I sold simply because of it's P-lip stem.Can't handle the way it feels in my mouth.
X1!!!
I tried to like the P-Lip but I just couldn't. I smoked three different tobaccos in it to see if that made a diff and it did not. I'm SO glad I was able to trade it off for a nice Trypis pipe (and buy 4 others lol :P )

lovesmoke

Lurker
May 9, 2013
I listened about P-lip. But I didn't try to smoke with it. And I also don't know is it comfortable or not. but I think it will be likely.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
I am kind of surprised that these P-Lip System pipes don't receive universal praise. I suppose I assumed they were well loved pipes. Interesting, and educational thread here all.

Status
Not open for further replies.