PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Down south of Miami we had nothing more than a sloppy day. Friends in Titsuville and points north are getting seriously hit -- storm surge is making a huge impact in Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, Jax Beach and so on.
Our church supports a ministry in Jeremie, in the Les Cayes region of Haiti. We've sent people there over the years, including right after the earthquake, to build facilities (including an orphanage for 400 children) and to serve. Les Cayes was essentially scoured clean by Matthew -- perhaps 10% of the structures still standing. Nearly every tree and plot of agriculture flattened. More than 250 deaths (and that number will rise). We are just starting to get reports, and they are dire. These are people who had almost nothing last week -- and this week they are fighting for their lives. [Over the years, I think people have learned that sending money to the Haitian government does nothing for the Haitian people. Private groups do a much more direct and better job.]
There will be plenty of people, here and abroad who need help. If you feel led to do so, I can assure you that contributions to El Shaddai will help those in desperate need. If not to ESMI, then please consider another way to donate -- Haiti has been hit hardest and is least equipped to help itself.
You can learn about it here: EL SHADDAI MINISTRIES

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
As a parent, you always worry about your kids. Even when you know they will be safe. My oldest daughter lives in Charleston. She is heading out of town until the storm passes. I was more worried about my son in Okinawa when Chaba grazed the island on Monday of this week.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I am nowhere near any storm. And being totally honest, I haven't been watching much about it. I know it sucks. But after reading all you guys posts here, I'll definitely keep myself informed. Prayers and thoughts to everyone that might be in danger. Keep yourself safe.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Most of my family is in Jacksonville. My brother lost a couple oak trees, but does not appear to have house damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.