PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Moraviensis

Lurker
Mar 4, 2024
United Kingdom
I am not really very good at writing this sort of thing—pipe smoker for the last six years, from my 21st birthday. My late grandfather was a lifelong one.

I smoke English mixtures (Exmoor, Squadron Leader, one never-again-seen and sorely missed tin of GL Pease Westminster, at present trying Germain’s 1820).

Pipes at present Butz-Choquin “Liseuse”, B-C Rodeo and Chacom Berlingot. All with the odd and apparently purposeless metal stinger filters removed!

Also smoke, but not really relevant, Woodbine cigarettes if out and about—does anyone know of a good waistcoat pocket pipe? I know B-C made a folding one but it looked a beggar to clean and seems to be out of stock since their demise.

Hope to learn a little more and, if I ever become knowledgeable enough, to help others.

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Ahoy hoy from Michigan! Glad to have you here and am interested in seeing how long you stick to just 3 pipes; people who come here find their pipe collections growing on a regular basis 😁

Reactions: Moraviensis

Durhamshire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2024
UK
I am not really very good at writing this sort of thing—pipe smoker for the last six years, from my 21st birthday. My late grandfather was a lifelong one.

I smoke English mixtures (Exmoor, Squadron Leader, one never-again-seen and sorely missed tin of GL Pease Westminster, at present trying Germain’s 1820).

Pipes at present Butz-Choquin “Liseuse”, B-C Rodeo and Chacom Berlingot. All with the odd and apparently purposeless metal stinger filters removed!

Also smoke, but not really relevant, Woodbine cigarettes if out and about—does anyone know of a good waistcoat pocket pipe? I know B-C made a folding one but it looked a beggar to clean and seems to be out of stock since their demise.

Hope to learn a little more and, if I ever become knowledgeable enough, to help others.
Hi Marra. I'm in North East England. If I can help/support in any way, give me a shout

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As to a folding pipe, never seen one that was sturdy. On the other hand, I sometimes stuff a pipe into a jeans pocket with no harm done.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas

Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!