PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

corfe

Lurker
Jul 26, 2019
Many thanks for the warm welcomes!
Hawky - I smoke Condor plug but am not a huge fan - even though I don't inhale it has a tendency to make me dizzy!
Trouttime - those Irish colleens are hard to beat, aren't they?
Shayde - I salute your service sir.
Didache - I am a man of Ulster, surely the most beautiful province of Ireland (I'm biased, obviously.)
Mso489 - It's pretty green here it has to be said - I live right by the sea - I can walk out the door and dive into it in the summer, though it's somewhat bracing!
Seldom - I'm a Northern Irish Catholic from a nationalist family who just grew up wanting to be a soldier for some strange reason. I count myself Irish, since I was born in Ireland, but I do have dual citizenship, like all Ulster people. Best of both worlds!
Georged - I'm a novelist, writing fantasy and science fiction with brief forays into military thrillers. Been churning them out for over 25 years.
Greetings to you all!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Welcome. Ulster you say. My dad's family is from the northern coastal are of county Antrim, Ballintoy area to be exact. Of course, we haven't lived there since 1840. :D

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.
I spent 7 years in the infantry, enlisted, where one of our guiding principles was never listen to a 2nd Lieutenant. It will get you killed! :nana:
That semi-joking statement shared, I actually had a few very good ones.
Cavendish seems to have a hit-or-miss reputation in the states. What are some that you enjoy and recommend?
jay-roger.jpg

corfe

Lurker
Jul 26, 2019
Jaytex, the most dangerous thing on a battlefield has always been an officer with a map.
And in the same vein, a friend of mine in the Army who was a one pip wonder (or butterbar) like myself was once recommended by our commanding officer to another CO to whose battalion he was transferring. 'His men would follow him anywhere,' the colonel said generously, before adding, 'Just out of curiosity...'
As far as tobacco goes, I am a hopeless stick in the mud I'm afraid. You guys are all connoisseurs and I'm more of a meat and potatoes chap. I smoke a dark blend called Exclusive Black Cherry made by a firm called Duckworth's in Wales which I have loved for years. Its a damp, dark fragrant tobacco, like someone had made compost out of fresh cherries and then thrown a glass of bourbon in. It is a business to get lit, but once you get it going in my big-bowled Stanwell I can be puffing happily for well over an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.