PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DrBryant

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2024
Houston, TX
Hello all,

I initially began smoking a pipe in 2012 during college, but have taken quite the lengthy hiatus. While rewatching LotR, I found myself thinking, “I sure do miss the taste and smell of a good pipe,” and here I am.

To commemorate the return, I picked up an estate Savinelli de Luxe 607. When it came in, it had relatively bad teeth chatter.

IMG_1633.jpeg

IMG_1632.jpeg

Not much could be done with the heat gun so, after removing the oxidation with a Magic Eraser, I went at it with a series of wet micromesh pads to get a nice, smooth shine to the dull vulcanite. It has a hard cake built up which I took down to the briar with 220 grit sandpaper.

IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1635.jpeg

IMG_1643.jpeg

The briar is just beautiful, one small ding on the bottom and a single fill on the port side.

IMG_1639.jpeg

I believe I shall break it in with a bowl of C&D Autumn Evening on this warm Texas evening.

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

DrBryant

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2024
Houston, TX
Howdy from the Buckeye State by way of Texas.

I was born and raised around the Houston area. What part of the region do you hang your hat?

I’m in the Woodlands, originally from around Texarkana.

Howdy!!
You must be an Aggie!!
👍👍😎

Almost an Aggie. They gave me a decent offer for grad school, but I received a better offer from out of state. Fine school, I have attended many conferences at TAMU.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. Happy to join the community.