PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Short of venturing into the realm of politics, which is explicitly verboten around here (and a good thing that!), sometimes a thread seems to be buzzing along, replete with various dissertations on subjects related to—at least tangentially—the enjoyment of this pastime, and of this here forum, when seemingly (to me at least) out of the blue, one of our illustrious and venerated mods, in their wisdom or prudence or what-have-you, sees fit to shut down the discussion, just when, in the eyes of some, it may finally about to start becoming interesting. Whereas some threads seem to carry on their merry way, even being revived years after the original post set them in motion, certain threads seem to have a half life of only a day or two. This is all above my head. I just find it curious. So what DOES it take to get a thread locked around here?

• Haha
Reactions: AroEnglish
Aug 1, 2012
Short of venturing into the realm of politics, which is explicitly verboten around here (and a good thing that!), sometimes a thread seems to be buzzing along, replete with various dissertations on subjects related to—at least tangentially—the enjoyment of this pastime, and of this here forum, when seemingly (to me at least) out of the blue, one of our illustrious and venerated mods, in their wisdom or prudence or what-have-you, sees fit to shut down the discussion, just when, in the eyes of some, it may finally about to start becoming interesting. Whereas some threads seem to carry on their merry way, even being revived years after the original post set them in motion, certain threads seem to have a half life of only a day or two. This is all above my head. I just find it curious. So what DOES it take to get a thread locked around here?
Sometimes the offending posts are removed. Other times, my guess is, that their spidey senses start tingling and they stop the issue before it can really get rolling. Another possible reason is that the tolerance level of some posters is much higher than the ones who police the place (interpret that how you will).

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
For starters, threads like this.

Also, the fun part of being a mod is WE can choose! Don't like him? Lock it. He's ugly? Lock it. Dudes looking for my Pegasus? LOCKED.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
For starters, threads like this.

Also, the fun part of being a mod is WE can choose! Don't like him? Lock it. He's ugly? Lock it. Dudes looking for my Pegasus? LOCKED.
You talkin about me (well, everything except the Pegasus)?