PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Hey all,
I do like to dry my tobacco. However, I have found that the best way for me PERSONALLY to do this is with a bit of help from a 100w incandescent light bulb. I have one mounted in an $8 hardware store silver clip-on light (the kind with the aluminum round reflector and metal squeeze clip to mount it with), and have that clipped to a microphone stand. That lamp hovers over my table on which I place an aluminum foil covered paper plate (just to protect the plate). I put my evening's ration of leaf on this plate, turn on the light, bring it down to about 4 inches above the surface, and let it dry...checking by squeezing the toby until I feel it's the correct dryness. Turn off light, pack bowl, light and RELAX......
I am able to very precisely control the dryness, and the mild aroma is great!
That said, microwave ovens work by generating an oscillating magnetic field that causes polarized molecules (such as H2O) to spin. This phenomenon is referred to as Dipole Rotation. The rapidly rotating molecules create heat via rotation, and this heats your food (or tobacco). The only "polarity shift" is in the magnetron that produces the microwave energy. Note: Changing the polarization of Protons and electrons effectively creates anti-matter.....not something I want to happen in my kitchen if I can help it...... 8O
Anyway, I thought I'd share my way of enjoying the drying of my tobacco.
Cheers, and Hail the Black Frigate!
CW

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
effectively creates anti-matter.....not something I want to happen in my kitchen if I can help it.
I wasn't going to mention it because I figured no one would believe me, but I've found anti-matter to be a highly effective way to dry tobacco.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I found a really cheap usb silicone cup warmer on eBay and it works well. I use it I in the car for beverages and tobacco and in the house plugged in to one of those usb wall converter things. I also like that it's so low voltage that it's unlikely any hazard could result from misuse or leaving on. I wanna get a few more. If you get it from China directly they're about $2..

Sep 30, 2018
<p>Oh lol ok kewl sorry crash , I wasn’t sure sure. That’s why texting typing ect can never replace face to face conversations, misconceptions can happen.And gone no I enjoy reading about tobacco in general and hovered over this site a few times. If you notice in the video I even mention this site lol.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Salt, well done again. Don't you guys know by now that Salt is just busting your balls?
I say barbarians is not strong enough language, I would call people who microwave their tobacco blasphemers. Taking a natural product and introducing dark matter to it has to be a unhealthy endeavor. I mean seriously who wants to smoke dark matter, it just has to make you impotent, doesn't it??????

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
No! Dark matter make you strong, puts hair on the chest and other areas....
I have dried tobacco in a regular oven, toaster oven, microwave, campfire (in a skillet), sunshine and none of those in the last year. I now live where the RH in my house is around 50-60%, perfect for slow and "natural" drying. So I am able to have 6-10 jars with tobacco ready to go, or nearly so.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I wasn't going to mention it because I figured no one would believe me, but I've found anti-matter to be a highly effective way to dry tobacco.
"But what of Lazarus?"
(For the few...or the one)
CW (probably needs a bowl of Black Frigate)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
"But what of Lazarus?"
Yes...indeed. There are inherent risks when toying with anti-matter to be sure. But I feel the end justifies the means.
Some would no doubt consider that barbaric.
I say forge ahead in the name of science!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1FVsAA0jU

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
And there you have it.
Well done CW. Tell that scurrilous captain you work for I said you deserve a promotion.
And remember...nothing matters until it does.
And if you've got enough anti-matter, nothing matters anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.