PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
It DOES make a difference to brush your tongue after brushing your teeth. A tongue is sort of "furry" and it can hold tobacco flavors for quite a while.

Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Coconut oil. You’ve heard of oil pulling? Well there’s certainly quite several heroic claims in regards to what coconut oil is able to do for that mouth of yours. Maybe you be the judge, but I have found simply for pulling tars and ash from my teeth and gums it works amazingly, back to square one.

Reactions: dunnyboy and FLDRD
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Smoke is ash that’s left the earth. Where do you think all of that solid matter goes. That sort of film on your teeth after a bowl is most definitely ashes, of the Charmin brand kind of course. We can still just refer to it as ash-y taste I reckon.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Is it okay to rinse a pipe with warm water?
There are quite a few threads and posts on water rinsing pipes
There are many advocates here

Just be aware that hot/ warm water may bring out oxidation in vulcanite/ebonite stems, especially in older pipes.
So check out your stems first
Absolutely no problems with acrylic or plastic ones

I’m not sure about cobs.
They seem to hold up to quire a few abuses eg being left on the roof in all weather for months.
Likely to survive a couple of cycles in a dishwasher 😁

Mar 8, 2024
Alaska
There are quite a few threads and posts on water rinsing pipes
There are many advocates here

Just be aware that hot/ warm water may bring out oxidation in vulcanite/ebonite stems, especially in older pipes.
So check out your stems first
Absolutely no problems with acrylic or plastic ones

I’m not sure about cobs.
They seem to hold up to quire a few abuses eg being left on the roof in all weather for months.
Likely to survive a couple of cycles in a dishwasher 😁
That’s awesome. I would have never even considered rinsing with water. You do it after every smoke or just an every now and then kind of thing?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
That’s awesome. I would have never even considered rinsing with water. You do it after every smoke or just an every now and then kind of thing?
You can rinse (gently) after every smoke IF you wish.

I use pipe cleaners after every smoke and water rinse only if the pipe cleaners come out really dirty.

I remove the stems first as most of my pipes have vulcanite stems