PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrvior

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
2 per day, morning and afternoon/evening.
Occasionally a third during weekends or holidays.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Seeing Mark Twain in your avatar:

d2fe2cdd56e2050d7ceb17f7a6f3be12-600x450.jpg

For myself, I wish I could do that... but my physical constitution is best respected with a lovely 2-hour evening porch smokefest every other day. More than that, my mouth and lungs object. I do frequently try to push that envelope but the ultimate maximum enjoyment strikes for me at the every other day frequency. (I don't always follow my best-case formulas... and I can't lose weight for love nor money either.) :)

mphstteach

Lurker
Jul 29, 2014
West Virginia
Really good conversation! It seems I am a 2 bowl a day guy as I stated earlier this week, bee experimenting and I just don't feel too great if I go over that. Not lungs but I guess I get a little light headed, maybe I smoke too fast? I am working on slowing down and enjoying the smoke

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
For a while, my average was 1 per fortnight, though it's now increased to 1 per week... :puffy:

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
my average was 1 per fortnight
Fellow forum members, let us take a moment to morn the opportunity lost, the opportunity to use the term "fortnightly" in a sentence. :wink:
But seriously, I smoked with the same frequency as averagegent, usually while mowing the lawn, until I started smoking in the car on my way to work most mornings. That puts me at 4 to 5 (very small, i.e. 20 - 25 minute) bowls a week.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
As you've become very aware, more than 2 bowls a day hits quite a few pretty hard. It's rare that I've done that. I have one, maybe two, a day. I also go a few days in between quite often. I had 4 one day, and it was very odd. But, the flavored tobaccos can be totally different as well. Isn't it fun just learning the little things that you never though you would think about.

mphstteach

Lurker
Jul 29, 2014
West Virginia
Crash, it is very interesting to learn your own constitution and things like that. I have also found that retro-haling is not for me, screws up my sinuses

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
you mentioned that the cherry cavendish did a number on you - i tried all the cherry out there until - "cult - blood red moon" - dont try cult's abacus.- but i like cults cherry very much - now smoke it all the time as my aromatic (along with c&d molto dolce) - not that merichino cherry flavor but nice mild cherry.

also the old codgers all smoked the same pipe without waiting for it to dry out - a while back i spoke with one of them his pipe was 50 years old serious cake but he was in 7th heaven smoking that one pipe all the time one bowl after another about 4 times a day even upon waking -
happy smoking guys -

just be happy so far your tobacco prices are not like our canadian prices although we do have universal health care - my $5k hospital stent in my heart cost me nothing - thats a lot of tobacco
be well guys -

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
You'll find your rhythm. After work, I'll drop off my stuff, hug my kids and wife, and then head to the garage for a bowl of something good. If I can push my luck, I'll have two before dinner. Often I'll have to lay a bowl down half finished and come back to it after dinner.
If it's a weekend and nothing's going on, I'll be lucky to get 5 bowls in.

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
How much is too much? How many bowls smoked in a day, week, month? If I lived alone, I'd be one of those old codgers who smoked continuously . Thankfully, modern convention states that I must respect the people with whom I live; they're not big fans of my habit. That being said, 4-5 small bowls a day is about my average. I usually smoke English (Early Morning and Night Cap are some of my favorites). The only aro I smoke ( in a pipe dedicated to it) is Royal Yacht. I guess what I'm trying to say, like everyone else, is your personal preference is yours alone. Enjoy the experience!

spanishkarl

Lurker
Aug 24, 2015
Generally one or two. But on days where I am working from home, and not smoking cigarettes, about 10-15 bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.