PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Well, you guys have convinced me to go get a cob. Yes, my pipe is an estate and from the early 70's. I appreciate all of your input :puffy: :puffy:
Cheers,

Jared

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Without derailing my own thread, would this be a good cob?

http://www.amazon.com/Missouri-Meerschaum-Country-Gentleman-Corncob/dp/B00735EXYE/ref=sr_1_4?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1453657964&sr=8-4&keywords=corncob+pipe+bent&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_72%3A2661618011

drumbumb83

Might Stick Around
Nov 23, 2015
I have been to the tobacco shop a few times with a few bucks in my pocket. Enough to get an ounce or two of tobacco or a cob and always leave with the tobacco figuring my pipe works just fine. I do plan on getting a cob some day just to say I got one and to partake in the great American cob pipe tradition.

Welcome, you can smoke a briar 2-3 times a day without making it wet like a female in heat ;) Main thing is cleaning and resting in between smokes. If you have 1-2 pipes, no worries. Just alternate them between smokes every 4-8 hrs.
Dont go to Amazon for a MM Cob, buy it from 4noggins.com , SmokingPipes.com or directly from MM at Corncobpipe.com
Also buy it at your own risk from Shiny Pipes, I've seen that Bari on her ebay store. There is a reason lots of people wont buy from her.
Chris

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Smell inside the empty bowl, and take a couple draws. If it's wet it's hard to miss the difference in smell and taste from a dry pipe. I have so many pipes the only time I don't rest them at least a week is if I'm travelling. Then I take a couple Falcons. The bowl itself doesn't really collect moisture, and the reservoir and stem are metal and don't absorb moisture.

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
I only have 3 pipes (Dunhill) and I have had occasions to smoke them all day and I never had a problem. I only ever run a pipe cleaner through them when I am done. Not sure if I am damaging them in some way but my oldest I bought new in 09 and it is the same as the day I bought it.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Right now it won't be an issue at all. Weekend smokes regardless of how many bowls in a sitting will be enough to burn out the pipe. However, like so many others have said, rotating pipes and throwing a couple more pipes in the mix will do you good when the weekend pipe becomes more daily...you'll see;)

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Right now it won't be an issue at all. Weekend smokes regardless of how many bowls in a sitting will be enough to burn out the pipe. However, like so many others have said, rotating pipes and throwing a couple more pipes in the mix will do you good when the weekend pipe becomes more daily...you'll see;)
Oh, I am already getting the addiction. I have been browsing different on-line sources for my next pipe(s). My wife guessed it correctly that this wouldn't just be another little fun activity to do on the weekends, it would become a hobby!
Cheers,

Jared

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Lol it's only a matter of time, I hadn't said it earlier but welcome to the forums and enjoy the addiction!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
1adsarge, what type of blends are you smoking. It can make a difference in what pipes to buy. Also the size of the pipe is important as it needs to conform to your smoking style. For example, if you are a clencher, you don't want some 100 gram monster. I used to buy large pipes and eventually got rid of them all. Churchwardens normally have a real small bowls and burn hotter than hell. If you are going to buy one you need to spend good money to get one that won't burn hot. When I say good money, I am talking a couple hundred bucks or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.