PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow! I feel like I'm a pretty small fish in these waters... I thought my $20-$40 a month expenditures on tobacco was a lot. Guess not...
-Jason

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I usually get a half pound to a pound per month, depending on how much I am smoking. I do on occasion buy some tins or when some SG blends are available I will definitely get some as I can afford to.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
As a travel'n man, finding the shops with the good stuff can be difficult. So I p/u as I roll around the country. 2 tins here, 5 tins there, some house blends to fill in the blanks. $20-$50 a month. Keeping an eye on the price helps too. A $6 difference per tin is nothing to sneeze at.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I just started smoking pipe if its any thing like my cigar buying habit then I am in trouble. My first pick up was 1 1/2 lbs so I say its the same. I guss the good thing is that I can buy a lb of the best pipe tobbacco money can buy for the same as a few cigars I think pipe smoking is going to work out just fine.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I just sprung for 500g of 1792 and back ordered 2 lbs FVF. I'll not be passed over next time it comes in.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I usually try to make a monthly purchase. I get more than I smoke and just throw it in the cellar. My purchase this month was a lb of Union Square and a lb of FVF.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I got 2 1/2 pounds from SP on Thursday and 3 1/2 pounds from P&C today, should be enough to get me through the weekend. Obviously, most of that will go in the cellar but I like to have a variety available and it's nice not to be subject to the vagaries of the retail market.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
The past couple months I have upper my ordering to build my cellar. The way things are going, the day may come sooner than later when I can no longer enjoy my hobbies as often as I like, or even at all. I want to reach a point where my supply will out last me. I have been trying to add 3-5 lbs to the cellar each month. Mostly bulks, with a 5-10 varied tins each month.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
i buy 1 lb a month otc, but last month i got 2.00 off per lb and took 5 lbs.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I order once or so a month, and like a few others I’m trying to build up a nice stash for a couple reasons, one I like aged VA's and the other just in case someday I can't afford the high prices due to high taxing. As long as I’m here on this earth I want to be able to enjoy a few bowls a day.
Normally I order a pound of one of my favorites to cellar and several tins and or 2 & 4oz packages of something new or just a blend to spice up my regular rotation.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I ordered 6 1/2 lbs at the start of this year, to last me the whole of the year with any luck (current consumption rate it should)

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Cheap? It's well over 50% tax!!! And it keeps rising.. Will light a pipe before I start foaming at the mouth lol but the average at the mo is about £5 per 25g what's the cost your end?
EDIT***
Oh wait I see what I did.. Subtract a zero from those figures! I don't think I could physically smoke 750g a week.. Will settle with 75g lol

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
My orders very rarely are less than $100. I like to qualify for free shipping. Here is a order I placed a few moments ago with smokingpipes.com

Just ordered this from smokingpipes.

sp3202011.jpg

Not including the order I placed today I have 633 tins and about 16lbs of bulk. To see what blends are in my cellar and and how much of what you can visit my website. www.otcpipes.com Just look for the cellar links.

Status
Not open for further replies.