How Much Time a Week do You Devote to The Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Just curious, between hanging out here, sleuthing for the best PAD and TAD deals at our favorite smoking websites, looking at pipes on eBay, watching YouTube videos, cleaning, storing tobacco, and actually smoking pipes, how much time in total per week do you think you devote to this hobby?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
For me, just smoking a pipe would add up to about 15 hours/week. But, gee, when you add in this forum. . . Probably 20-25 hours a week.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
It's hard to say, but I usually smoke twice a day, lets say 15-20 hours a week, and I usually spend that time watching youtube pipe videos and browsing pipe forums. I estimate 23 hours and 19 minutes a week, give or take a few seconds.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Love smoking 'em and work with them most of the day. I estimate a few hours out of the week I don't mess with pipes. 8)

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
hmmmm never really thought about it much it's just kinda something I do. It's going on my drive to work which is about an hour. On my drive home which is about another hour, usually an hour later in the evening. Read the posts online here when I have time after the kids go to bed. Probably about 4hrs a day. Weekends double. Pretty much have a pipe hanging out of my gub all weekend long. The neigbours think its weird to see me without it.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
It's hard to put a number on it. I spend a lot of time on this forum. I also troll ebay a lot. I check out various retailers, looking at pipes and baccy for future purchases. I don't smoke as much as I like. I smoke 1 bowl a day, sometimes not at all. It depends on if I work, and what time I have to work. The weather also comes into play. I don't enjoy being cold, so that is part of why I don't smoke as much. Once it warms up, I will smoke more.

guerillapiper

Might Stick Around
Feb 13, 2013
USA
If you include time between smokes, when I'm just thinking about pipe smoking, I'd say I spend approximately... oh... about 24 hours a day.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I'd say for me, it's about 4 - 6 hours of dedicated time and double that for multitasking,

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Depends, I suppose, on what you mean by devoted. Sometimes, when I am distracted by a book or this forum, an entire bowl goes by without much thought. I would hardly call that devoted. My first pipe of the day often has the most attention, so that is an hour a day, average. Two or three hours a week doing routine cleaning, so a minimum of 10 hours a week. Now, smoking 4 or 5 bowls a day may seem like devotion, but that is merely enjoyment. I would not count that.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm like Uber in that I spend a lot of time on the site... probably between 2 and 6 hours a day.

But, I don't surf eBay for pipes, or YouTube for videos unless it's something specific I'm interested in.

If I'm home and not online, I'm usually working at one of my hobbies (all of which require a lot of patience and little skill), caring for The War Department (SWMBO), teaching the Grand baby innocuous things to annoy his Momma (which is one of my hobbies), or smoking my pipe.

:puffy:

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
teaching the Grand baby innocuous things to annoy his Momma (which is one of my hobbies),
Lawrence thats funny! My goal when I have grandkids is to buy the loudest most obnoxious toys that I can for the kids to annoy my boys. A guys gotta have hobbies!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd say somewhere around 10 hours a week or maybe more. Usually surf around here and there are a few channels on youtube that I check once a day and I'll usually check smokingpipes.com and cupojoes.com just to see if any deals are going on and what new pipes/accessories are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.