PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Open, I generally keep a tin of Virginia (Old Gowrie bought in 2006) and one tin with Latakia and/or Oriental (Yenidje Highlander) are open right now. I also have a very old tin of Wessex Premiere Mix Subtle Aroma open. It was the first tobacco I cut my teeth on in the 1980's. That is generally the deal, three tins open to cover different cravings.

Mike S.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
I have 11 jars that I tap. Tins are "decanted" into masons upon opening. I'm not a heavy smoker, 3-5 bowls a week, so that is a long lived supply.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Looks like I've got 25 "open" blends. My "Open" are all in Ball Mason jars but I consider them fair game for smoking rather than long-term aging. I still own 37 blends in my cellar that I've never even tried. I try to finish a blend before opening a new one, but there's so much to explore, impatience gets the best of me. To put it in context, I have 357 cellared containers holding just over 70 pounds of tobacco. So I'm a nutcase anywhere else, and average around here.

snag

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
Five now. I will open a few more when the weather gets nicer and I can smoke more often.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Good lord, lots of open jars.
I think about 10, of which I hit 3 or 4 regularly.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
Ooooh I've not come across those before. I'll certainly look into those.
A lot of the GH "loose" I can get locally, has already been weighed out into 25g bags, which means they can be a little drier than the big drums of loose that get weighed to order - good for smoking straight away, but not so good for hanging onto for a while.

murica

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2017
Between tins and jars, about 10. I like certain things, and smoke the same 3 tobacco for a solid two weeks and then change to something else. Its the only way I can burn through everything I open. I want to open another 4 year old capstan, but have to finish the other blue tin before I do.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Having consolidated about 20+ different vestigial blends down to three (plus some unadulterated dark danish Cavendish I will leave as it came), I am finding these new blends to be working out very well for me. Each smoke I have to now merely decide what will it be? Aromatic (in a subtle good way), dark Virginia forward (with just a little touch/hint of lakeland pizazz), or English (or maybe a bit more Scottish as it were), is working out very well for me.
I can then smoke the sweet black danish Cavendish occasionally straight or perhaps a little mixed with any of the above for an endlessly delightful variation until all is run out.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Newminster #47 Danish Black is a delightful, sweet, mild smoke. I don't smoke it as often straight (last night I did and it was wonderful), as I do mix it with other things. Ages well.

Status
Not open for further replies.