PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
I have been smoking a little over a year so I normally smoke 1-3 times a day. Also smoking is not healthy so I am trying not to overindulge!

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have been smoking a pipe since 98 , I work for myself, handyman and remodeling business so I am able to smoke at work if I'm working outside or riding between jobs. I also have a wife who enjoys the smell of a pipe so I can smoke inside at home. I normally enjoy 6 to 10 bowels a day.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
I also have a wife who enjoys the smell of a pipe so I can smoke inside at home.
My Girlfriend hates it when I smoke. It makes my breathe smell bad.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It depends on the mood I'm in on a certain day. Sometimes I will have 0 bowls and other days I will have 6 or 7. I guess I would average 3 bowls a day.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I am in retirement, as of right now. So, it's about 6 bowls a day. Most of my pipes have small bowls, which is irritating.

mrsmokeyman

Lurker
Dec 19, 2009
i have a bowl or two every few days... in all honesty, i smoke whenever i feel like it, but i dont feel like it every day...
i have smoked cigarettes for 17 years and pipes for around 5, and i have been trying to quit.. havent had a cig for about 2 weeks, and havent felt like smoking... in saying that, who knows if i wont feel like one tomorrow.
at the end of the day, i try to smoke only when i know ill really enjoy it these days.
that way its really special and my pipes are always clean, dry and rested.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
3 Bowls a day avg. One for breakfast one for lunch and one after dinner. I actually smoke less on weekends.I have to cool it a bit on weekends because I'm in the house w/ the wife and kid's.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I generally smoke two pipes, one after work (BTW, I'll be retiring at the end of June), and one after dinner, either while walking dog(s) or while out in the man cave/garage. Seems like that's all I can get in, for now.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
jcosmoasp said
I'll be retiring at the end of June

Bruce,

That's great news! I can't wait to welcome you to the club. There's nothing better than wakin' up whenever you want, and usually only because you want to ease into another day with the morning paper, a cup of coffee, and a bowl of your favorite kick-starter.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the retirement preview. In that vein, I decided to take today off, because the give a s--t factor was hovering near zero. Everyone knows I'm leaving, so nobody wants to "bother" me with additional projects. It doesn't get any better than that. People start asking "how many more days?" I believe it's about 95 or so working days until the end of June. My wife just turned 50, so she's on deck for a few more years, but I'm already planning a fishing trip to the Snake in Idaho for steelhead in July. Guess I'll try for another bull elk in Colorado this November, too. The list goes on...
Bruce.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
That sounds outstanding, Bruce!
Usually average about 3 to 4 bowls a week here, I guess. Not always a lot of time to slow down and properly enjoy one.

sunburyfresh

Lurker
Jan 25, 2010
As a long time pipe smoker (45years)I find it to be one of the most enjoyable things I do, so I do it alot usually 7 - 10 bowls a day. I am an early riser so I have 3 before work 4 - 5 at work and 2 - 3 after work till bedtime.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
My grandfather was old school. He didn't collect pipes or tobacco. He just smoked his pipe. He had 2 pipes, and he smoked Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic from morning to bedtime. When he worked in the garden, fished, hunted, and most anything else. I wish I knew how many bowls he smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.