PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
If I may be so bold greggors, as an alternative to Savinelli (and they are excellent buck for pipe value), maybe a Peterson's System Standard.

Whilst it is not my first pipe bought, I have found that the Petersons have everything a pipe smoker wants from a pipe and is 'affordable'.

There are many 'Pete Nuts' on this site that have a thousand times more knowledge on the Pete's than me, but I feel sure they would bend over backwards to give you any info you require.

For a few extre $'s, is it not worth getting a decent pipe?

By the way, my best of best smoking pipe is a Petersons REJECT. It has a flaw in the rim of the bowl. This pipe I have kept lit, regularly, for 45 mins without re-lighting and it burns cool and sweet.
As you start off on this road to true pipe smoking Nirvana, you'll meet lots of disappointments along the way. But Nirvana is never achieved without those disappointments. All you can do is what you are doing right now, asking questions.

Reactions: greggors

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Greggors, I can see the appeal of the shape.

Grain's orientation is a bit unusual...(that's nice speak for WT....?)

While it "pops" it looks like the shank is headed for a split, or loose stem at the very least.

greggors

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2010
Mississauga ON Canada
yea I've heard nothing but good about Peterson's. My churchwarden that I'll be getting will be a Peterson, although it's not a peterson system. for reference this is the pipe http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=H&srch=KW&item=petcwd6s. I'll be buying it from my tobacconist though. just wished it had a p-lip. once I decide what I really like the most I'll empty my wallet on something about $300 - $400 cdn. I'm guessing tot until after new years so I can afford to buy Christmas presents lol
And Pstlpkr yea the the wf#$ of the shape is what suckered me into buying it lol

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Very nice Greggors.

I have 4 Churchwardens three are no-name basket pipes that I had c-warden stems fitted to.

(sorry about the clumsy sentence)

One is a MM Churchwarden.
I love them all.

I think every pipe smoker should have at least one Churchwarden.

They definitely have their place in the hobby.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
A two dollar pipe is a two dollar pipe. Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

midniteryder

Lurker
Aug 3, 2009
Yeah, the shipping is way more than the item thats how they make money here, buyer beware! There is so much junk out there. Steer clear of stuff like this. There are alot of deals to be had but you may have to pay a little more and you definately do get what ya pay for, within reason!!

Status
Not open for further replies.