PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I usually keep things around a dozen. Pieces move in and out of my collection, but I really don't prefer to have a lot of pipes.

I'm getting ready to move, and so right now all but three of my pipes are in boxes. Honestly, haven't missed but one or two of 'em.

Reactions: burleyboy

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Had to count..54 briars with 20-30 in rotation, half of those smoked more often.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
My collection stays right around 100 with half of those being in smoking rotation at any one time. I’m probably just over that total # now, but have been earmarking “to be sold” and there are about 8 in that category. I have 1 meer, 1 cob and 1 clay - the rest are briars. Other than acquiring a morta pipe, only looking to add high end bargains at this point.

Reactions: Bengel

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
12 briar
2 Falcons
2 Brog Pearwoods
2 MM hardwood (rainy day dog walkers or field work)
6 MM cobs
0 meers!

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I have been consolidating for a few years and now have around:
75-80 briars
4 cobs
3 Kirsten system pipes
3 meerschaum
2 clays
1 calabash
As far as what I actually smoke, I actively about smoke 20 of the briars and 2 of the cobs. I have some more thinning to do, I want to get to about 18 pipes total.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wish I didn't have so many. About half the number would be right. However, I can't pick out half that I don't want to keep, so here I am. It does dampen my PAD to a degree. Also, I have real enthusiasm for pipes that are not expensive, so that tends to expand the rack somewhat. And I have some up-market (to me) treasures too.

Status
Not open for further replies.