How many of your pipes are you excited to use regularly?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I have thirteen pipes -I also live in apartment 13, hmmmm.
The best smokers are my: Savinelli's, Brebbia, Karl Erik, and Bari.
The stinger pipes I never smoke anymore.
The yellow-bowl, grabow, wilbur, corn-cob etc are for the yard. I have to say my Grabow smokes better than my Stanwell.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have 50 + pipes.

I get excited when I decide to smoke one I haven't touched in a while.

I have six on my little table right now, but getting close to time to swap the set for some that have been resting.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Phillip, I think you are closest to where I want to go.
Like so many things in my life (clothing, musical instruments, pipes,and more) I have way more than I used or get excited about. I am like so many who have posted here. My goal, in all these areas, is to only keep the things I am truly excited about using, wearing,or consuming. The only area area I have done this perfectly in is my shirts. The only shirts in my closet fit me and I love wearing them. I could reach in blind and be happy every time. Next up are pipes,instruments,and shoes.
Your input has been awesome!
Ken

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have about 50 pipes but only smoke 6-8 regularly.

smokindragon custom cob

Mr. Brog Churchwarden

Loewe's & Co (2)

Sav. Pot with cumberland stem

Regular old cob

Hardcastle

Meer

Dr. Grabow Freehand

3 Dot Brig Voyager

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
right now I have 12 working pipes (as we used to speak in IT field 12 production pipes :rofl:) I smoke regularly 5 pipes

Dr. Plumb Giant

Peterson's SH Baker Street

Peterson's Kildare 69

Peterson's Spigot 69

Captain Black (made by BBB)

Jul 15, 2011
I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 briars. I have very few pipes that I do not get excited about using, and there are reasons that I dont get excited about using them: small bowls, gurgles a lot, hard to clean, etc. I also have three cobs and two clays and get excited about using those pipes every time I pick them up as well.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Great thread.....@Pipetrucker...I'm the guy who got a pipe blown into his radiator going 70 mph behind this big friggin truck. I'm sending you the bill.
I've just acquired a Decatur three tier 36 slot pipe rack. I have 35 pipes and I like to look at and smoke them all. The bent stem pipes sit on the top tier and the straight stem pipes on the two bottom tiers. The problem is that the other members of my household can track my pipe acquisitions by the absence of available slots. Soooooo now if I add a pipe, I'll have to toss a pipe or risk long explanations.
Pipetrucker: What's the best disposal highway and the appropriate speed and the correct time to conduct clandestine pipe disposal activities?

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Current inventory: about 35
Smoke: 15
The rest are just pretty to look at, or eventual trade or sale bait at shows.
I feel like Nigel when Marty DiBergi comes in to his guitar collection: "don't even look at it, it can't be played"

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have 15 pipes and I really only regularly smoke 4 or 5 of them. May be time to do some cleaning and selling.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have 13 right now, all are good smokers. I did have over 20 but I culled every dog that wouldn't hunt. I enjoy every one of the 13 but there is 5 older Pete's that have that something extra about them that I get a little more excited when their turn comes up in the rotation.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Hmmm, about 50, I should put them in the pipe proggie. I walk Jake to the newspaper box each morning with my little leaf meer. My shop pipes are a Nording and a Ben Wade. At night, my Sav churchwarden is a first pick. Of course my mileage will vary and a quick pick off the shelf is a possibility.
THE SHELF

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I have 11 pipes total. 5 good briars see regular use with non-aros mostly, one cheap stingered briar that looks like it's been to hell and back but smokes good if cleaned very often for aros. One meer that's sick with a broken tenon and it is in the shop but it should be back the end of this week .... excellent smoker but it needs a fitted case to be able to travel ... and the other 4 are project fixer meers that smoke kinda wet and are sitting in a box awaiting their fate......

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I have 70 pipes, and look forward to smoking my Dunhill Rhodesians, Bent Billiard, pre-transition Barlings and Viprati pipes. My favorite is a Dunhill 5102 Amber Root.

Status
Not open for further replies.