PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I like my solitude..

Me too. But I like company as well. Sometime I smoke when my girlfriend is over. we just sit outside and talk. The person I smoke most often with is my dad. We sit outside at night with a cup of coffee and just talk about everything.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I raised 12 children. A little solitude was very rare during those times. Embrace it, my friend. Read a book. Write a book. Enjoy some music. Plot some treason. Or hang around forums like this, lol. Nobody is ever truly alone with the Internet.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I've always been happiest alone. I don't mind being around people on occasion, but I've always preferred being alone. That goes double for when I'm smoking a bowl.

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
Thankfully my father smokes a pipe, so sometimes ill smoke alone with my thoughts and relax or other times ill sit on the porch with him and just shoot the breeze. Either way is extremly enjoyable.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I get board easy and pipe smoking kind of fills that void. I like to be around people as much as possible.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I prefer to smoke alone I find it more relaxing and I don't feel rushed like when I'm at the cigar shop with friends. I enjoy a good conversation but I feel it gets in the way when I'm trying out a new blend. So outside our in my office with some good music or movie and I'm good!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Like others here, I enjoy my solitude and have no problem smoking a pipe and reflecting on my day or having some random thoughts. I quite enjoy my own company as I am with someone I really like.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I got one of my buddies into pipe smoking, and now when we have poker night at my place we smoke pipes instead of cigars like we used to. I also have a YouTube channel which is cool because I've met 5 other YouTube Pipe Presenters that live within 5-30 minutes of my place, so we've gotten together on several occasions. I also chat on here and Cigar Geeks, which is a cigar forum, and I've Skyped a few times as well.

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
I agree with what many have said and I too enjoy my alone time with nothing to do but puff and think. On the other hand, when I am looking for some company, a fellow pipe smoker is a hard thing to find these days.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
I hate to smoke alone.....That's why I always have my mutt at my side when I have a smoke.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I'm around people all day so I really do enjoy a bowl or two back home with just the wife and our dog. Best part of the day for me.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I'm with Hobie on this one.I like to be alone with my pipe and my thoughts,a definite "me" time,for pipe company I come on here and join friendly pipers
Tom :puffy:

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
I enjoy the solitude. In fact, I look forward to it.
I also like to fly fish alone.
Fishing alone while smoking .... now that's my kinda combo!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I have converted at least 5 of my friends and started a pipe club at my local B&M . But sometimes i just enjoy a good solitary smoke.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Try church. It is safer than bars.
That is the truth! I've never seen someone fall off a mechanical bull in church! :rofl:
If I get busy hands, I pick up my guitar. Most of the time I'm on my phone or computer with you guys on PM.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I do enjoy the solitude as well. But, occassionally I do like a little company, but the wife rarely sits with me. She'd rather watch TV in the living room less than 10 feet away. I can see her through the window, but its not the same. She doesn't care if I smoke inside however. I just try not to do it every time.
-J

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
I have three kids, the oldest is 7 and the youngest is 10 months. I smoke when the wife and kids are in bed and asleep, or when they are all out of the house during the day. I enjoy sitting out on my back deck and listening to the breeze blow through the pine trees...and most of all I love that quiet and solitude! hehe Let's me start and finish a thought without being interrupted! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.