How Do You Carry Your Tobacco When You Go out ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
img_3230-600x494.jpg

Fold it and roll it.

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
One could always go old school with a bull or sheep scrotum. 8O
Very popular in the early Western days. Believe I'll just stick with tins and baggies. :wink:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Either/both of two pouches, one that handles two pipes & an ounce or two of my reg Chimney Smoke; or a 4-pipe that can handle about the same of something else.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
Hmmmm , yes , explains why Sams old nutsack was discontinued so long ago with little fanfare

alan73

Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
Pappymac: great job making that.. I want one. I use ziplocks and paper if carrying SG blends—gives them time to dry out .

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have two baccyflaps. The slightly larger one usually has my Virginia's and the other carries whatever the flavor of the day is.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If I'm gone on a longer trip, I use a 1 gallon zip lock to put tins in. Shorter trip, I just grab a tin or three. I bought a couple of those small pouches but never seem to use them. When I'm traveling, I usually try to stop in at as many B&M's as I can locate along the way. More often than not, I come home with more tobacco than I left with.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I like the Stokkebye 4th generation rollup. It is perfect for codger stuffing...just enough room and holds about 50-65grms. plus it has a pocket for pipe cleaners...about $25.00 in cost and is well worth it.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
When camping my tobacco goes in tins or baggies. I keep my pipes in leather pouches.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Mostly leather pouches for me. Sometimes Ziploc bags.
1. Left, Rotator pouch, my main carry for longer trips, loads from top to replenish so older always on bottom.

2. Top, Zipper pouch with lighter and tamper pockets.

3. Bottom, small leather pouch, my primary carry for daily smokes and in the car.

4. Right, old pipe tobacco tin with leather covering. It looks cool and nastalgic, but not very practical.
sPwZGIK.jpg

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Lately I got an idea about caring baccy in glucose strip container. They provide protection for the strips from temperature, light, and moisture. Should work for baccy too.
easytch50.jpg

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Ziplocs and plaid pouches mostly. Sometimes empty pill bottles, I try to repurpose as many as possible without living in a pit of empty bottles..

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Mason jar? Fine in a suitcase, but what about time on the street, outside the hotel, in the park, by the pool, etc.. What do you use to carry tobacco according in then?

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
For a short trip, I would use a round tobacco tin. I have been interested in a leather pouch for some time but the prices are a little steep. If I could see them in person, I'd probably have one bought by now but it is too hard to pick something like that out without seeing it in advance. The quality varies too much...

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Simenon, I was in the same boat. All the leather rolls I really liked and suited my needs were well close to or over $100, so I found a pattern I like and made my own. Sized it so I could fit two re-purposed altoids tins inside with two different blends. Works beautifully!

willisk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2018
I found an eyeglass hard clamshell case and put my tobacco in ziplock baggies it holds about 1 to 2 oz a small pipe, tamper and lighter as well as some pipe cleaners!!

I want a leather one but I’m afraid to order online cause of quality issues so I until I find one local what I got works!!

Status
Not open for further replies.