PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
Last night was a great time at the Houston Pipe Club.

We had a small group, but smoked a lot of tobacco. Good conversations about pipes, tobacco and life. Attendance is still waning since we restarted post-pandemic, so we are working on that. Here are the guys that stayed until the end.

8607E33F-6BB7-44E6-8151-6E8FBD390995.jpeg

The great tradition is to dump all your tins and jars on the table and try anything that’s out. Three blends I got to try for the 1st time were Anthology, Eight State Burly, and G&H Scottish Mixture.

I am trying to learn to appreciate burly blends. My friend who brought 8 States doesn’t care for it. So, he gave it to me. Likewise, I brought Blairgowrie and after smoking it again realize it’s going to just sit on my shelf. So, I passed it on to another who appreciates it.

Mark the pipe maker (Lone Star Briar Works) brought a couple of interesting pipes for us to check out. One was a tall panel pipe he made for this meeting - “bring your panel pipes” night. Another was his first sandblast experiment.

If you are in the area, put us on your calendar for next month. First Friday of the month. Stogies Cigars on Westheimer. 6:00 until whenever. PM me if you want to be on the email list for meeting notices, or just show up.

Here is an article about us in Pipes Magazine a few years ago: Hangin’ Out With the Houston Pipe Club

dbarr65

Lurker
Dec 5, 2021
This is my first post in quite awhile. Glad you had a great time and I'll try to make the next pipe club meeting.