PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry to hear, but thank God everyone survived. With that being said, losing those books? I can understand. I've been a book collector myself for years.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It seems that miracles are happening this week.....
I'm really sorry for your losses, but very happy that the losses were property, not people (or pets).

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
My prayers are with you and your family. As a lifelong collector of books I can mourn your loss while celebrating your miraculous escape.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Saddened to hear of your loss, but glad to know that all are reasonably OK. Many years ago, my wife and I lost our house to fire (arson), so I know firsthand some of the difficulties you face.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Cmdrmcbragg wrote:
"If you shoot me your address via PM I would be glad to send you some of my cellar. Just let me know what kind of blends you're into so I don't waste space in the package with unnecessary tobacco."
Ditto.
Please PM me.
Fnord

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm very sorry to hear about your losses, but glad to hear that no loved ones were lost. Ultimately that's the important thing. Stuff can be replaced. Sorry to hear about your cellar as well. Please PM me with your wish list and I'll see if I have anything to contribute. I have several deliveries to make and haven't been able to get to the post office. I can add this to my other items when I get to the PO next week.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I'm very sorry for your material losses but I'm very glad your family and pets were mostly unharmed, as they are truly irreplaceable. I also understand the love a bibliophile has for his books, they are much more than paper and ink.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
It's frightening to image how close it was for everyone. I imagine the terror and panic, and the overwhelming love of the aftermath. I empathize, too, with your loss of books. My books are my most important possessions. The knowledge and understanding and joy they offer, and that they are always available at hand, enriches my life beyond measure.

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Thanks for the support, guys. And I can't express enough how grateful I am to each one of you who has offered to help rebuild my cellar. I didn't lose everything, thankfully, but every little bit will be appreciated. In fact, the one big silver lining has been how wonderful people have been to my family. Thanks again!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
No worries. Everybody helps everyone around here sometimes, even when we don't need it. This is one of the few times where we can help another out that actually could use a pick me up from the briar.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
A hobbyist forum is a pleasant, fraternal place, full of minutiae and banter. But we all live real lives out there and sometimes it gets nasty. If your mason jars had been washed away in a flood we would all have lamented and wailed, but in the light of recent events, when the lives of children are involved, they mean nothing.

Do not belittle either your loss or your luck.

I bet you see the value in things a lot more clearly than we do right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.