PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I think it's gonna be a long hot summer in Texas this year indeed. Fort Worth here. And it was a freaking oven today. Add to the mix the humidity from all the rain we were getting up to about a week or so ago and all the flooded areas in the state.... yeah. It's freaking ugly. Even my sweat is sweating.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I live in FL where the heat and humidity is a constant for about 2/3 of the year. It's a big State with lots of variations depending on your point of reference, but, where I live is smack between both coasts, thus during the hottest months the air does not move as it does on the coast.

I've been getting out before dawn for a 2 mile walk lately because once the sun rises it's brutal outside.

I picked up a bunch of filters for my a/c so that I'll change it every month and smoke inside.

No one but me to complain!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
And there lies the problem... I'm not a true Texan, but my wife, she was born and raised here... so, yeah, you get the picture.
hawkeye, I feel for you buddy. I have 4 sisters all natural born Texans and still living in Texas. Three of them are older then me. Here's one thing I learned about Texas women before I got out of high school -
Texas women are like longhorns on a stampede, the best thing you can do is just let them run, stay out of the way and try to keep up. Otherwise you will get run over and ground into dust.
That's probably why I married a woman from.... Washington State.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
It was a freaking oven, as you said, anthonyrosenthal. We are moving from Austin to Weatherford and I got to spend a lot of time in the back of a u-haul and / or garage. I have another trip planned today to look forward to. :)

Sep 18, 2015
[I enjoy smoking in my workshop which is fully air-conditioned, so i've got the heat covered. You other Austin guys need to come to our pipe club.]
@ Pylorns, I want to, just have not been able to make the timing work out with my schedule yet, plus I have never been to a pipe club meeting and am not sure what to bring.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I enjoy smoking in my workshop which is fully air-conditioned, so i've got the heat covered. You other Austin guys need to come to our pipe club.

I keep meaning to. When will you all meet at the Habana House north location again?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Texas women are like longhorns on a stampede, the best thing you can do is just let them run, stay out of the way and try to keep up. Otherwise you will get run over and ground into dust.

Ain't that the truth! Bahaha! My Texas gal is pregnant to boot!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have fans set up around my garage to create a vortex but it makes lighting my pipe a pain in the rear.
I have learned to put the fans at floor level when I do this. This also keeps the mosquitoes away.

oldsalt

Lurker
Nov 20, 2014
Florida Keys
I feel your pain travelergypsy and everybody else that reside in the South. I live in the Florida Keys, exactly 87 miles north from the southernmost point of the US. It's brutally hot and humid here in the summer and being a fishing guide, I can't escape it until I'm off the water and on my couch. I thought I may have turned a corner with my wife about smoking indoors (she was away for a week and I smoked in the house the whole time and she never noticed the smell even with the nose of a bloodhound), but I lit up the other day in our family room and she just gave me "the look". Outside I went, and outside I'll stay even in this damned heat. But on the screenporch with the ceiling fan going and a cold beer, having a fire burning a few inches away from my face isn't so bad. :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Great picture:
20160618_111848.jpg

rwramsey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2014
115 F in west Phoenix today, but it's a 'dry heat'. Smoke early with my morning coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.