PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I really don't think people should avoid them.
1) They have long wait times. They tell you. We tell you. It shouldn't be a suprise (and isn't really that obsurd considering they make YOUR pipe once YOU order).
2)They don't respond to emails quickly. Yes, this sort of bothers me, but at the same time, I get it. They don't have many employees, and I assume it gets pretty old for them to have the following conversation:

--Are you still working on my pipe?

--Yes

--Have you shipped it?

--We'll tell you when we ship it.

--Ok, well, I haven't seen anything, so doesn't that mean it hasn't shipped?

--Wow, you sure are a bright one!

--Ok, so - still nothing, so that must mean it's still in the production stage?

--Yes, that's the one that comes after ordering, and before shipping

etc....

Not the best practice to ignore the constant nabbings of worrisome pipesters, but I do get it.
3) They make cool looking, and good smoking pipes. That's what you want. The drilling isn't always superb, neither is it in a MM Cob, but these smoke well.
4) They are light. This one, I'll give you Z 8) because I don't think people have spoken too much about their weight. But, they are light and that's no secret. Reason being, people want to be like Gandalf and clench the b!tch! :nana:
Ok. Anyway, I do feel like I come to MacQueens rescue often, but really, they need someone to speak up for them. They have also started selling bulk more frequently to other retailers, so if you really don't want to deal with them you can avoid it. But, it's sort of cool to know that the pipe you get was made FOR YOU. If I got a second, it'd probably be threw them again (unless I found one at a show...).
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.