PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The thing about the Starcat thread was that there was this wild sense of exhilaration that was expressed by the contributors. That's why it was so memorable. Has to have been 2014 because of the Kate Upton video, which wasn't published until 2014.

There was a later thread, the "Epic" thread that tried to recapture that energy, and did OK, but the Starcat thread remains the gold standard.

Poor Starcat was apparently horrified by the reaction and disappeared from the Forum.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Did it previously publish a physical magazine?

You mean this one?

DlFUoMS.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I think it was on the 5yr anniversary radio episode Kevin kind of explained it. He sold a cigar website in 2007 I think and had a non-compete so he was left wondering what to do and some cigar buddies suggested doing a pipe website. Think it went live in 2008 and has always just been an online format. I didn’t join the forums until 2010, but when I did they were pretty busy.

I’m sure I’ve missed some of the drama over the years, because there was a period where I was more into Instagram and less into the forums.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I think it was on the 5yr anniversary radio episode Kevin kind of explained it. He sold a cigar website in 2007 I think and had a non-compete so he was left wondering what to do and some cigar buddies suggested doing a pipe website. Think it went live in 2008 and has always just been an online format. I didn’t join the forums until 2010, but when I did they were pretty busy.

I’m sure I’ve missed some of the drama over the years, because there was a period where I was more into Instagram and less into the forums.
Thanks for the quick summary!

Reactions: lordofthepiperings