PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I feel a sorrow for Highland Park, Illinois, and the victims of the mass shooting there at their July 4 parade. Highland Park was a paternal home place, where my dad grew up, where my great grandpa served as mayor twice, once in his twenties and again in mid-life, and where my younger sister lives with her husband today. My roots in Highland Park go back to grade school when I spent a week or two during four summers with my grandma there, when she’d take me on day trips and at night we’d watch Jack Parr and Groucho Marx on black and white TV. My memories are also of large family Thanksgivings with family coming in from other states. And now this murderous rampage in the setting of my childhood reveries. Preserve us all.

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
Thank you for mentioning this, being a Chicago resident this was very sad. Highland Park is a quiet suburb which makes it that much more disturbing.

They canceled all 4th of July firework shows last night in 53 towns around that area. They have the person in custody but I don't know many of the details yet.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
At least one mass shooting in America every week this year.....some heads need to be banged together to stop this hideous behaviour.

It has become such a common occurrence that it barely gets mentioned over here anymore.

Sad times.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Model 29