PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipe-Hound

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
Spokane, WA
Hi everyone. I've been lurking a couple weeks now and decided it is time to register so I can participate here on the forum.

I've been smoking pipes for several years now. Carrying on the family tradition - my dad and granddad both smoked 'em.

I live here in Spokane, WA, which is a good thing, because I'm only 20 miles from the Idaho border where tobacco taxes are minimal on pipe tobacco. WA state is a nanny state so taxes on tobacco products are extreme!

I don't have an obsession for pipe collecting, I'm content with the four pipes I own, but I've enjoyed reading here about jarring tobacco and storing the jars in a cellar! The apocalypse for the world might not be coming anytime soon, but I think tobacco might become so heavily taxed it'll be a luxury I can't afford.

Besides, I like smoking with buddies and sharing tobaccos I've discovered. I have a dark canning closet that currently stores cardboard boxes, I guess I'll clear the boxes and do some canning! In between time, I'll continue reading the threads!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from somewhat South of you. Be aware that participation here tends to stoke the fires of acquiring things: pipes, tobacco, lighters, tampers, cleaners, racks, cutters, presses, etc. My 'cellar' exists in a cupboard in the utility room. (Most houses in my part of CA don't have basements or cellars.)

Status
Not open for further replies.