PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
AC6C7787-FB1A-4304-AEF4-943B6105042E.jpegHas anyone tried HH Bold Kentucky? Just opened a tin with a great seal from May 2015. Tin states its the strongest in their line, has anyone put that to the test? I have some rubbed out and drying. Smells like figs and a slight BBQ odor. If it is that strong, this might be my last post…nice knowing you guys.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
well i did not die….i thought it to be very tame and not what i was hoping for. It will be up for trade for either some night cap, ten russians, or other captain earl tins.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
View attachment 180664Has anyone tried HH Bold Kentucky? Just opened a tin with a great seal from May 2015. Tin states its the strongest in their line, has anyone put that to the test? I have some rubbed out and drying. Smells like figs and a slight BBQ odor. If it is that strong, this might be my last post…nice knowing you guys.
A favorite of mine as well. It's very stout, on par with some of the English dark flakes. But I've never had any trouble finding a tin, which isn't something I can say for it's English counterparts. It is full-bodied and rich in flavor and nicotine, but it's also well-balanced with a touch of sweetness, and it lacks any type of harshness or bitterness in my experience. An easy 4/4 on the TR scale for me.

Derby

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2020
View attachment 180664Has anyone tried HH Bold Kentucky? Just opened a tin with a great seal from May 2015. Tin states its the strongest in their line, has anyone put that to the test? I have some rubbed out and drying. Smells like figs and a slight BBQ odor. If it is that strong, this might be my last post…nice knowing you guys.
🤣