PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I got a comment like that many years ago going through the drive thru at taco Bell. However, the person complimenting me, and asking me questions about it was a teenager. So you can imagine the awkwardness.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Just another faded festival goer looming up out of the time fog, only to interact for a few minutes, and then swiftly ebb back into the constantly swirling current of humanity, never to be seen again. So it goes.
As an annual working festival attendee, I applaud your brilliant and eloquent phrasing.
Don

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I was smoking my pipe today on the way to the Post Office. I had one of those annoying women with a kid do the fake cough thing and stare at me. I took the pipe out of my mouth and loudly broke wind. The kid started giggling and the lady walked off dragging the poor child along muttering about a horrible man. I reckon I was that kids hero for at least five minutes. I hate women like that, they should give birth to a can opener instead of children as it would be marginally more socially useful!

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Condorlover wins the prize for most effective non-verbal communication! I must learn to harness the communicative power of flatulence. The only time I've ever gotten any comment, a guy on the street wished me a happy IPSD. It was cold, and he had to shout over a stiff wind, so there was no stop-and-chat, and I didn't get his story.

husky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2019
As a newbie and not in the US I am unable to appreciate a lot of the threads about tobacco etc.

However one of my greatest pleasures from this forum, since I finally did the web equivalent of shut up and listen, is cultural. Anything from Maigret to music I would never have listened to but mostly vocabulary. I regularly have to google words that I can't even guess the meaning of. Today I learned the word obfuscate and for me it isn't even ten o'clock!

Some things though are difficult to find the meaning of and you get some weird information when you type it into a search engine.

My point is what does IPSD mean?
a guy on the street wished me a happy IPSD

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thank you guys. Since my recent colonoscopy I have certainly tuned up the 'wind section' of my orchestra to great effect when dealing with annoying members of the general public :D

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
out in the woods with some hot coffee and a pipe

That's how I wake up every morning
I love camping.
IMG-20190709-091820.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.