PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yffulf13

Lurker
Apr 29, 2012
/DSCN3289_zpskkwm74zu.jpg.html?filters[user]=142701282&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

I'm trying this thing from the photobucket for the first time. I hope it works. I am looking from some info on this pipe. There are no marks on it what so ever. It is the unique way it sits that got me. It also has 2 black strips down the side of the shyank.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nice puzzle. Looks like a fairly basic factory pipe, not expensive, but the grain looks better than average, the shaping is somewhat unusual, and the metal inlay on the shank is a really odd feature for a pipe that looks like it was done on an assembly line. I assume there's no stamp -- brand, nation of manufacture, whatever. I think the metal inlay is the most distinctive feature and might be the best clue. With limited info, I'd guess it is an American (U.S.) pipe from the 40's, but it's a shot in the dark.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
@yffulf13
You can post it direct by using the "IMG" button above and the direct image link, should work out like this:
DSCN3289_zpskkwm74zu.jpg

yffulf13

Lurker
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for the little help you gave me. I've sold over 4,000 pipes on Ebay since 2005 and have yet to come across one that looks like this one. I have it set to go on Ebay on Mar. 18th. If I can't find out anything by then, it will be listed as a Mystery Pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.