PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Have been purchasing a lot of Tobacco..Time to pickup a Pipe. Looking at these 3 Brands: Anyone can

share your thoughts on these Brands?
Randy Wiley - Old Oak Bent Dublin, Galleon Poker

Radice - Rind Bent Bulldog

Poul Winslow - Crown Smooth Bent Apple

Neerup: Classic Smooth Acorn
Old Oak Bent Dublin:

randy1.png

Galleon Poker:

randy2.png

Rind Bent Bulldog:

radice.png

Crown Smooth Bent Apple:

neerup.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For shear beauty, the Neerup, though Neerups have always looked front-loaded to me. I guess I'd get the Dublin. I like pokers a lot, but that one looks a little glum and weighty, just visually. And I like my bulldogs a little more spare and shaped than that one. So my vote goes with the Dublin -- lithe, balanced, and nicely finished.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd highly recommend a Randy Wiley. I have a 1/8 bent bulldog in Galleon finish from him and it's a dream. He's one of the more underrated American carvers and you can usually pick up one of his pipes for a very generous price.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Of the four images, I find the bulldog most attractive.
That said, my best VA flake smoker is shaped very similar to the bent Dublin.
I'm not familiar with Winslow but I've not heard any complaints about the others.
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Hard to beat a Radice for smoking quality. Looks like 4 very nice pipes, you probably can't go wrong with any of them. So pick the one that best fits your eye and budget.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Pipes smoke far more the same than differently, given correct drilling and cure of briar. Stem comfort is a deal breaker. If you think a chunky bit is not obnoxious, pick up a pipe with one and bet you will find reason to put it down. Given these equalities, I am left with shape and finish.

bannyc9

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2018
Just off of looks, the Neerup just looks good...Probably don't have a bad pick in the bunch.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I find the subtlety of the bulldog that almost doesn't even look like a bulldog very attractive.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
I'm very familiar and can highly recommend Randy Wiley. But, that Rind bent bull is my favorite by looks, and I love that fat tapered stem.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I do like both Randy Wiley and Rind...Going to pick Dublin...That texture is speaking to me.
For the Bulldog...Any other Brand to consider around 185 area?

Status
Not open for further replies.