PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I will continue to accept entries until tonight, but will start narrowing things down further over a pipeful.
What a great and varied list. Can we ask which baccy is your 'muse' this fine Sunday?

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Balkan blue! I think I have final 5. I even drew pictures.
I'm gonna say time is up for entries. I will have concept sketches up later tonight.

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
That tomato could be a real beauty if you capture the essence of 'refulgence-verging-on-putrefaction'. And the green stem would just 'make' it. Brilliant!

paulie

Lurker
Sep 29, 2015
Sorry about the late entry. I, and it appears a few others, must have misunderstood what you meant by 'until Monday' ;)

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Out of 40 official entries. Here are your top 3!
Exiled Prince

Fatboy Eskimo

Rotten Tomato
Anyone care to sway me to their favorite of the 3?

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Gotta say I like the drawing and concept of the Rotten Tomato. They are all pretty cool though.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, the Eskimo.
Sorry missed the posts yesterday, but my concept of the barnacled brandy was that black deep rustication would be the type of barnacles I had in mind. Oh, well, a lot of fun, and look forward to seeing the result!

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I want to see that tomato...With a custom spotted leafy windcap!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
clickklick, how could you resist Zydeco Zulu????? Anyway, trying to put myself in the place of a pipe carver, and visualize how I might translate the words into an image and then a pipe, Exiled Prince seems the most challenging, but maybe the best for that reason -- suggesting to me a stark severity of line and some sort of stand-out striking simplicity, maybe using unusual but reserved color like gray stain and a white stem, or some such. The other two are easier marks (I think) the chubbiness of the Eskimo and some sort of drippy melty look for the tomato shape. I'd go for Exiled Prince, unless lightning strikes and you suddenly see the untapped potential of Zydeco Zulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.